Anaview AMS1000-2600 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well: I have had the chance to listen to the AMS 1000-2600 in my current active speaker-project (being connected to the bass-tones / -chassis only!).
I am using Nelson Pass ACA#1 for the high- and middle tones.

The AMS 1000-2600 is a very, very powerful amplifier and you are welcome to use it as your "party-amplifier"!

But concerning its sound: I myself feel that the AMS 1000-2600 is too slow to follow / control any rhythm of a bass (this is my impression) and will not use it in my current setup.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: Are there any better alternatives than the AMS 1000-2600 for doing an active 3-way speaker setup (concerning the bass)?

Attachments

• Hannes 012.jpg
    Hannes 012.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 958
Last edited:
Anaview AMS 1000 in a bridged modus.

I have two AMS1000 that I want to set up as a BTL. According to Anaviews paper both L+ and R+ are connected to the warm leg on the XLR (pin1). L- and R- are both connected to the ground on XLR (pin3). Is it correct that only one secondary ground (pin 3 on Con1) is also connected to the ground on XLR (pin3)? The second secondary (pin 6 on Con.1) is not connected at all ?

I am going to take the signal from the phono output (SE) on the miniDSP 4x10 to the XLR plug where pin 2 and 3 are shorted. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct way to do it as long as I use a cable thaqt is SE in one end and a XLR where ground and the cold pin are shorted in the other end?

Eivind S

Last edited:
I have compared AMS1000-2600 and Ncore-400 mono kit.
(1) Ncore-400 mono x 2 pcs bass is better than AMS1000-2600 stereo mode.
(2) High frequency , AMS1000-2600 is smoother than NCore-400 ,easy to listen.
AMS1000-2600 is something like tube amps, smooth , not so high resolution and softer bass in our envieronment.
Ncore-400 is ultra high resolution, sharp high frequency and well controlled bass.
In home , classic AMS1000-2600 is good, Ncore-400 has too much resolution, sometimes makes me analytical listening than enjoying music.
In pops or rock Ncore-400 mono outperformed AMS1000-2600 , for kick drum or percussion, bass instruments.

How do you deal with XLR pin 1 when AMS1000-2600 is mounted in a metal chassis? Bruno from Hypex says to run pin 1 to chassis.

Should only pin 2 and 3 go to the module?

I think Bruno says to run pin 1 to the chassis, but then the module ground pins are run to the chassis to continue this, so no, do not leave that module pin empty.

Just putting an AMS1000 together so I am interested to hear any opinions on this!

Fellow noob here with a few Anaview boards and a long history of hum problems. It will work whatever you do, even without any single to balanced conversion, but it will work more correctly with adaptation. That is, ground loop issues and channel balance issues should be reduced/avoided.

Hi Chris

Sorry for the late reply, have not checked this thread in a while.

No I have not used DC protection and until now so far so good. This is not to say that the amp has built in protection as I don't recall it ever shutting down over some issue.

Was concerned as I've been playing with a variety of diy input buffers to match the amp with my LDR volume control. I measure DC offset of each new buffer before using to be safe. I prefer my buffers to be DC coupled :p

Hey Bernie, did you end up using DC protection?

I've used this module over the past year with speakers ranging from 85db to 112db without any issues.

Last edited:
Of the unity gain buffers I've tried in my system, the standout was the Kuartlotron. It was as transparent and quiet as I could want. It's DIY, there's a big thread on this forum. The kit may be available still and it's cheap for what it does. Get someone competent to build it for you as close to 0V DC offset depends on transistor matching. Output impedance of this buffer is just a few ohms, more than a match for the Anaview amp.

Hello Bernie7,
So what is you recommendation for an input buffer, with unity gain and low residual noise?
Any ready-made module that could be used for DIY-challenged people? :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.