Anaview AMS1000-2600 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Pabo,

I'm currently using a pair of AMS1000-2600 in BTL configuration. My preamp is a Benchmark DAC2 with an output impedance of 135 Ohms. The interconnection is balanced using XLR mogami cables, 3 m lenght.

Do you think the preamp - amp matching is adecuate? Or should I consider getting an input buffer?

If it is balanced I assume the output impedance is identical on both hot and cold and in that case the only thing that will happen due to the "high" output resistance is that you loose some gain. The cable impedance through 3m should not cause anything audible.

Yes, the comparison was between the older and newer higher power Anaview modules.

Richard not knowing the older module was discontinued doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to evaluating the differences between the old and the new. That is flawed logic.

Since Dennis and Mr. Bostrom are interested parties, I think it makes sense to wait until we have evaluations from third parties.

By the way, where are the "serious comparisons" you spoke of between Anaview and ncore?

Both the ALC and AMS series are based on a similar class d stage but with two entirely different feedback methods around them. The ALC-line uses a traditional series connected error amplifier which relays the input signal through to the class d stage and adds a correction signal through sensing the output and comparing it to the input.

The AMS-technology is entirely different as it only looks at what the class d stage is doing wrong and acts to correct it with a very small correction signal. The input signal does not pass through this integrator and is hence not affected by its limited operating band. The result is an amplifier with a larger bandwidth, less phase shift and basically the same distorsion through the audio band.

But when this new line was designed we also decided to add features that are useful to the customer as clip detectors (actually THD detectors), auto ranging mains input, ErP standby supply and a harmonics filter (on the AMS1000).

So, there similarities between ALC1000 and AMS1000. They will sound like siblings but not as identical twins.

Like siblings:

attachment.php

:D

Attachments

• Funniest_Memes_siblings-reunited_12709.jpeg
    Funniest_Memes_siblings-reunited_12709.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,628
If it is balanced I assume the output impedance is identical on both hot and cold and in that case the only thing that will happen due to the "high" output resistance is that you loose some gain. The cable impedance through 3m should not cause anything audible.

Thanks Pabo! BTW, can you tell us what preamp you are using with the AMS1000 pair, driving your Apogee Duettas?

Input impedance is fairly low on the AMS1000-2600,

and - just to make it clear, if I decide to put a resistor on both + and - poles
of each channel of - let's say 150Ohm, what will be with the impedance matching?
My DAC has very low output impedance (<100Ohm), but 2V gain which I would like to lower to a usable rating for digital attenuation.

Is it OK? or should/could I try with more, let's say 1000Ohm?

(my idea is to avoid the preamp gain stage and passive preamp should not be an optimal option)

I'm having a similar issue as Tomsag.

By setting the jumpers inside the Benchmark DAC2 I introduced 20 dB of analog attenuation. Even with this setup, I still have to perform digital attenuation to get to my listening levels. I normally set the digital volume control at 30-40 / 100, would prefer to set it at least 50 /100 as Benchmark recommends.

I wonder if a low gain (9-12 dB) version of the AMS1000-2600 power module would be of interest to many.

I have an actively crossed over 4 way horn setup, and currently using AMS0100 for the tweeter horn (JBL 2450SL With Be)
I would appreciate more gain on that channel, and testing out the AMS1000 module. I find the Sonics similar (lovely!), but have some worries about the amount of power available to the fragile diaphragms.

Do anybody have experience installing DC protection connected to the AMS module?

Hello, I would like to build a damp based on Ams 1000-2600.
This is going to be my first diy work but I need to understand all the components I need and where I can buy them.
Please is there anybody so kind to share a list of parts and where to buy them?
I would like to use neutrik xlr connectors and will use the amp connected to a crane song avocet.
Thanks

Giankam, this supplier ships from the UK:
Power Amplifiers
I don't know of another source.

All you need is the cable kit sold on the same page for speaker outs and line inputs, etc.

The module has a low input impedance, but you will probably be fine with just feeding it the signal from your DAC directly. I have a Najda DSP in front of the amps, unbalanced out and 150ohm impedance, and it sounds great. Other folks here could help you hopefully if you need to match the impedances. Maybe there are setups to squeeze more performance out of these amps... anyone have a comment?

I haven't messed with the disable/mute circuits but some folks (including me with previous a Anaview module) have had problems with that (board will not come out of disable mode) Anyone here have success implementing the disable feature?

I haven't messed with the disable/mute circuits but some folks (including me with previous a Anaview module) have had problems with that (board will not come out of disable mode) Anyone here have success implementing the disable feature?

Hi Tommus,

Any luck with the disable/mute circuit? I also want to run my Najda preamp into some Anaview amp boards I will buy, and thought the Najda relay command may connect directly to the boards. I have no idea if this is possible nor if I need some external relay board set up first.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.