Anaview AMS1000-2600 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Do you think you might want something bigger?
:D
Just joking. This is a massive project! how many HP are you going for?
I hope you aren't going to mate this with an all horn 110+dB sensitive speaker system...
I admire your ambition.
Cheers! :drink:

thanks.

Hi,
I would like to build a dual/mono for testing on Hometheaterhifi.com but I cannot get anyone from ANAVIEW (or any other class D module manufacturer) to contact me, anyone have any good, solid contact info. for someone inside a Class-D module vendor company? (it can even be the janitor, anybody!)

Also, they seem to have discontinued this module, they are dissappearing from webpages of resellers....

I just ordered one AMS module from profusion, no problem, was worried a bit because after placed order online, I didn't get a confirmation email for several days, but it's about a week just after sent an inquiry email I received DHL delivery. Have to pay $65 extra fees which had no idea when purchased.

I just ordered one AMS module from profusion, no problem, was worried a bit because after placed order online, I didn't get a confirmation email for several days, but it's about a week just after sent an inquiry email I received DHL delivery. Have to pay $65 extra fees which had no idea when purchased.

Was it the AMS1000-2600? Please post back when completed and let us know of any obstacles, difficulties with kit, and of course, the sound before and after a little burn in time.

yes it's AMS1000-2600, the setup is straightforward, if you have the right connector, you may already knew that the input connector is tiny, I ordered this

10 Sets JST ZH 1 5mm 6 PIN Female Connector Plug With Wire AND Male Connector | eBay

fit perfectly, highly recommend. if you want to make your own, can find all components from digikey,for example

ZHR-6 JST Sales America Inc | 455-1129-ND | DigiKey

SZH-002T-P0.5 JST Sales America Inc | 455-1130-1-ND | DigiKey

in terms of SQ and break in, I read somewhere that it needs 300 hours, or even 900 hours. for me I only played it about 50 hours, so can't speak much about, besides I'm not a big believer of long period break in, may need an hour or so to settle things down, don't think will have noticeable change after that. let's see.

compare to classdaudio SDS-254 I had for about half year, which is irs2092 based, honestly I can't tell much difference, both are very good, the main reason I'm interested in AMS because I might buy 2 to run it in BTL.

yes it's AMS1000-2600, the setup is straightforward, if you have the right connector, you may already knew that the input connector is tiny, I ordered this...

in terms of SQ and break in, I read some I'm interested in AMS because I might buy 2 to run it in BTL.

Thanks for the info. About the BTL, my thoughts exactly. Can you imagine 5 x 900W monoblocks or multichannel setup running side by side in a passively cooled case make no noise and relatively little heat. It would probably consume less energy than my 300VA torroid powered Creek Destiny 2, with less heat, for less money.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.