sonos connect amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello
I bought a faulty SONOS connect amp, with a fried TC2001 (tripath), I don't care about the amplifier, so I removed the (remains of the) chip, managed to conect output lines (line level), and the unit works !! but it is in the "fault" mode, flashing white and orange, this conditions prevents to use the volume slider at full volume, it always backs down to about 60%.

anybody has experience in such units ? maybe a (parcial) schematic?

thanx !!

Al

Was reading this thread because I have exact same issue with the Sonos AMP.

It goes into Fault mode (orange-white blinking LED).If you turn it on, after booting, it runs for a minute and then goes into faulty mode.

I have feeling the TC-2001 is faulty because it's the only thing left in all honesty.
All voltages are there and there are no faulty components found.

Seems like the it goes into "sleep" mode for some reason, the voltage of power amp goes from 36V to 18V.

Problem is on the main board for sure. I exchanged the other print boards from a working AMP and problem stays.

Any advise or info is welcome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.