Seeking Advice 12V 30-40w stereo amp with bluetooth built in

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been looking high and low for a Class D amp with built in bluetooth that will run off ~12V and output ~2x20W. I know that Arjen Helder (sp?) made some at some time but I cannot seem to find them anymore. I see plenty of wholesale options online, but that is not feasible for me. After much time and frustration, I found this TDA7491 based amp and have been in contact with the seller who has offered to sell me one for $16 (plus shipping). Any advice on this particular amp or other options would be much appreciated.

Wow, I'm sorry doctormord. I assumed no one was paying attention to my thread!

The amp has been very much a disappointment. The bluetooth range does not extend beyond 8-10 feet even after I cut the antenna and soldered a copper wire to the base. The seller has been very communicative but not very helpful. He/she said that he/she will send me a TA2020 based bluetooth amp at no cost... I think. The language barrier and extreme time difference have been pretty inhibitive.

I'm still open to any other suggestions people might have on a 2x20W bluetooth incorporated amp.

The Supplier has been gracious enough to send me another amp. This one is... interesting, but it works well! The bluetooth range is as expected, ~10M. The layout is a little wonky but he assured me that this is a prototype. There is no pop and it has a nice, sizable 4400 uf, 25v output capacitor.

Ideally, Id prefer something with no whistles and bells (i.e. no LCD, card reader, FM radio, etc) to maximize efficiency and minimize size since I am looking for a strictly battery powered and portable solution. aptX audio would be important as well but Ill take what I can get. Pics below.

Pics attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 422
Thanks for the quick reply, but that one is 24V, I want to use it in my car. I currently have a lepai lp-2020a+ but now I want to get rid of the aux wire to my phone, bought a cheap usb stick-bluetooth receiver and a 12v to 5v dc-dc converter off of ebay, but I'm now having ground loop noise since both the amp and bluetooth thing are using the same battery. I tried grounding the rca's but so far no luck. I also bought a ground loop isolator, but the only one they had is cheap and filters all the bass out.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Thanks for the quick reply, but that one is 24V, I want to use it in my car. I currently have a lepai lp-2020a+ but now I want to get rid of the aux wire to my phone, bought a cheap usb stick-bluetooth receiver and a 12v to 5v dc-dc converter off of ebay, but I'm now having ground loop noise since both the amp and bluetooth thing are using the same battery. I tried grounding the rca's but so far no luck. I also bought a ground loop isolator, but the only one they had is cheap and filters all the bass out.

It can handle up to 24v max. Anything from 12v on up works fine. Even 7v can work but power is limited.

:cheers:
Finally received the amp today!
Here it is:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/YJ-2...PA3116-amplifier-board-2-50W/32281628547.html

Unfortunately, it does not work with 12V (it cannot be found via bluetooth). The seller said that there should be at least 18V DC, ideally 24V.
So my question is - wich step up converter would you suggest? I noticed they have input voltage range, output V range and output current, which determines the power, so how much power do I need for the amp to function?

Last edited:
:cheers:
Finally received the amp today!
Here it is:

YJ 24VDC 2.0 channel class D bluetooth 4.0 TPA3116 amplifier board 2*50W-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Unfortunately, it does not work with 12V (it cannot be found via bluetooth). The seller said that there should be at least 18V DC, ideally 24V.
So my question is - wich step up converter would you suggest? I noticed they have input voltage range, output V range and output current, which determines the power, so how much power do I need for the amp to function?

I'm not sure without having the board on my hands, but I would bet my hand that board should work with 12v, the bluetooth board needs between 3.3 - 5v to work, most of those boards have a CSR86XX bluetooth IC, checkout wich one and check in eBay or AliExpress for the pins connections and check the input voltage to the little BT board.

I found this on TB. ÒôÀÖÀ¶ÑÀ½âÂë°å TPA3123-TPA3116 ¹¦·Å°å ½µÑ¹Ä£¿é Ì×¼þ-ÌÔ±¦Íø. I think this one is built for car use since the BT front end looks like those car stereo display.

There are quite a lot of flexibility built in (e.g. USB, FM input). Apparently, the input BT board can decode WAV, WMA, and MP3. And it has a remote. Unfortunately some of the details are in Chinese but the diagrams are quite self explanatory. I suggest pick the one with the TPA3116 amp board (82 RMB, ~ 17-18 UD$). This amp board has received good feedback.

The power input is through the amp side, so 12 V should work without problem (for the amp). The diagram also mentioned that the voltage requirement for the BT input board is 7-12 V, so I am not sure whether you actually need to buy the Buck converter (< 1 US$ ) to lower the voltage in order to supply the BT input board. The voltage output of the converter is adjustable (30V to 0.3V) and default is set at 5V.

Gee, look like one get a lot of "stuffs" for not too much money. The amp itself cost 42RMB.

Hope this help.

Regards,

From what I see, he is more regarded to know if the board he already bought and has in his hands works with 12V, as far as I know, and as I said many times Im a total noob, but all we that have been following the tpa3116 thread knows that this amp can work with 12v, so the matter that the seller recommends DC18-DC24V, for me is not valide. Besides the board has an LM317 voltage regulator that with the values of the resistor that are shown in the silkscreen of the board its adjusted to 5V, which I believe its for feeding the BT module.

Beerzinnss says that he cant find the bt device, so maybe the problem is with the BT device. What I would do is:

1.- Check out with some diferent smartphone or tablet to see if with this device the BT can be found.

2.-If first fails, I will try a higher voltage power supply, like the most used, a 19V laptop SMPS. To discard that it really cant work with only 12V.

3.- If none before make it works, with a multimeter I would check at the output pin (middle one) of the LM317 and then the input pins of the BT board if there is voltage and wich, it should be around 5V. here you can find a pic with the pin layout.
3.1-If has 5v at the LM317 output and at input of the BT board, and stills without finding the BT device, I would say that there is something wrong with the BT board.
3.2- If doesnt have any voltage at all or lower that 3.3V that should be reason why its not working.

Either both cases you could claim the seller that its not working properly, so you can ask for a refund or have a new board sent to you.

As I see it, this board should work perfectly with 12v, the amp can work with that voltage and the lm3117 regulator works from 1.25V to 37V, so 12V its ok.

if Im wrong please correct me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.