Pascal Class D

Part of my job is servicing & repairing PA systems, and I recently encountered some Pascal modules in K-array subwoofers (the X-PRO3 module). K-Array usually use the PowerSoft OEM modules (which are excellent), so being given a dead active subwoofer to repair that had a Pascal module in I suspected the Pascal....
Turns out the sub was so powerful it could vibrate its own ribbon cables off the boards! They should have been secured better for the application. So, for subwoofers at least, I would highly rate Pascal components. Clean, efficient and reliable power.

Hello,
i asked if there is someone can help to get the evalkit for the s-pro modules. In attachment is the
S-PRO-series_Evalkit_Flyer.pdf
Maybe I can get 2 of the modules?
For the e-cap Extension of the s-pro Module i have a PDF too but it's 4.5 MB to big to attach.
Thanks

Attachments

• S-PRO-series_Evalkit_Flyer.pdf
    432.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Hello,
i make 2 Screenshots
from the Power Extension PDF s-pro 2.
I think it's very interesting with the Power Extension but I don't know how exactly to produce them. There are no finished ones to buy.
You have make it on your own.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-232116.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-232116.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 787
  • Screenshot_20190314-232306.png
    Screenshot_20190314-232306.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 774
Just want to mention that I am ridiculously happy with the STA-2000D.
No noise at all, and it sounds great!

At that price it's really hard to DIY anything better and cheaper.
Maybe I can take some pictures of it, have not had the lid off yet.

2000W should be able to wake up even "sæternissen".
For below 1000$ it is not worth thinking of DIY at that power level.
Made where? No noisy fans?
Enjoy until the neighbors have you expelled to Bjørnøya.

I missing technical details about Pascal module ?

what output mosfets will be used ? IRF / Infineon /Ixys ?

You can get with latest technology of driver IC and output devices

99 % efficiency

+ 33 % more output power

- 30 % runs more cooler

- 50 % smaller system size

Up to 3,5 KW with 1 single pair output devices possibile - PCB size same Samsung Galaxy A7

In this case,....what IC driver will be used ?

Peregrine PSEMI29102 IC driver for power up to 1000W ?

Its no wonder, this amps running cool,

I think pascal using EPCXXX or THXXX / TPHXXXX output devices

2000W should be able to wake up even "sæternissen".
For below 1000$ it is not worth thinking of DIY at that power level.
Made where? No noisy fans?
Enjoy until the neighbors have you expelled to Bjørnøya.

Interesting that you bring up wattage.

It was not even on my list of priorities, I was looking mostly at the measurements from an in-depth review by the German tools4music and THD+N.
"Beim Betrachten von Bild 2 lassen sich bei 1 Watt an 8 Ohm äußerst geringe Klirrwerte von nur 0,01% erkennen, die in sehr geringem Maße von
harmonischen Oberwellen dritter Ordnung bestimmt werden."

So it was measured to 0.01% THD+N at 1 watt/8ohm. I'd say that's fairly good for any amp, regardless of intended use.

The Pascal power stages give squeaky clean power from low power levels to just over 200w/8ohm per channel, at any frequency, not just 1khz.

The fans are controlled by thermal sensors, and are not activated until 85c.

If you want to see the review, it's in the 02/2015 edition listed here:
tools4music: Ausgaben

Edit:
It seems Pascal sell A LOT of modules to other manufacturers that put together stuff for PA applications, been trying to find prices for various plate amps with DSP using these modules, one of the more interesting ones are the PPA series from Four Audio:
Four Audio | PPA-Series

Last edited:
My line of thinking is: You (and your wife) are experienced in audiophile evaluation listening. You appear to me as a rather critical (in the positive sense) and widely experienced audiophile. If you can find a product that is sold for below 900 Eur, with an output power (2x1000W bridged) that should satisfy anybody’s private needs, with a sound quality where you have no reservations, designed by people who seem to know what they are doing also stability wise such that you can rely on continued performance then we have a reference product which is very difficult to beat.
“Pascal” should be another derivative from ICEpower and most of those products appear reliable.
I looked around for the IMG StageLine brand and concluded it belongs to “Monacor” in Bremen (Monacor is an old brand). Monacor is a trading company and it seems that while Monacor holds the brand name, the design and production is left to sub-contractors (I found a paper called “Tender text”). Here Pascal has been involved at least to some extent.
I found another paper somewhere else mentioning that Pascal also produces at “the usual suspects” which explains the moderate price.
Congratulations with your new acquisition and enjoy the excellent sound at moderate levels. What the competitors will think of this is their headache.

Interesting that you bring up wattage.

It was not even on my list of priorities, I was looking mostly at the measurements from an in-depth review by the German tools4music and THD+N.
"Beim Betrachten von Bild 2 lassen sich bei 1 Watt an 8 Ohm äußerst geringe Klirrwerte von nur 0,01% erkennen, die in sehr geringem Maße von
harmonischen Oberwellen dritter Ordnung bestimmt werden."

So it was measured to 0.01% THD+N at 1 watt/8ohm. I'd say that's fairly good for any amp, regardless of intended use.
[/url]

German tools4music be aware with this magazin !

Im German and know much about this people working for this company

not like talk in this forum

My line of thinking is: You (and your wife) are experienced in audiophile evaluation listening. You appear to me as a rather critical (in the positive sense) and widely experienced audiophile. If you can find a product that is sold for below 900 Eur, with an output power (2x1000W bridged) that should satisfy anybody’s private needs, with a sound quality where you have no reservations, designed by people who seem to know what they are doing also stability wise such that you can rely on continued performance then we have a reference product which is very difficult to beat.
“Pascal” should be another derivative from ICEpower and most of those products appear reliable.
I looked around for the IMG StageLine brand and concluded it belongs to “Monacor” in Bremen (Monacor is an old brand). Monacor is a trading company and it seems that while Monacor holds the brand name, the design and production is left to sub-contractors (I found a paper called “Tender text”). Here Pascal has been involved at least to some extent.
I found another paper somewhere else mentioning that Pascal also produces at “the usual suspects” which explains the moderate price.
Congratulations with your new acquisition and enjoy the excellent sound at moderate levels. What the competitors will think of this is their headache.

> 900 Eur, with an output power (2x1000W bridged) that should satisfy

no problem

look here about 700 EUR

FP14000 Class TD Professional Power Amplifier - Buy professional power amplifier, class td power amplifier, FP14000 professional power amplifier Product on Sanway Professional Audio Equipment Co., Ltd.

Sanway FP14000 Class TD Professional Power Amplifier

they will beat pascal

Once I tried to contact the designer due to the similarity of our personal profiles. Never got a reply. It seems that the similiarity of personal profiles is worth nothing for them.

Lars Fenger, director at Pascal Audio? Apparently from ICEpower in the past.
With 38 employees, Pascal is now about the same size as ICEpower and probably fighting to find regular customers to stay alive. Sales are in focus.

Jesper Lind Hansen, original designer of the modules. Involved in electronics design, electronic music and parties.

GENIUS! #16: Jesper Lind Hansen and the Pascal S-PRO2 - PSNEurope

Did they sack the designer? I was sacked after designing 6KW modules for another company.

FauxFrench, thank you, I may be critical to a flaw, but do not know whether my level of experience is significant enough to count.
I thought your post was humorous, but I wanted to reply in a serious manner because you did bring up a very relevant topic.

The STA-2000D is not that new, it's been around for some time now, but it is in a different price range from the more popular competitors, mainly the Behringer and Crown low range equipment with/without DSP. This explains the lack of popularity to some degree.
It seems that lots of power cheap is a better advertising argument than moderate power at a higher level of quality.

NMOS, the STA-2000D is a 4 channel amplifier, you can get about 2x1kw from it, but for me the main point is to view it as a 4x200w slightly higher quality amp, rather than a 2x1kw mediocre one. THD+N also seem very slightly better on the Pascal based amplifiers.

Eva, smart people are seldom the most popular. History is littered with geniuses that fell sacrifice to the egos of more "socially developed" individuals that somehow assume petty games is the main driving force of scientific and technical development.

Jesper Lind Hansen, original designer of the modules. Involved in electronics design, electronic music and parties.

Did they sack the designer? I was sacked after designing 6KW modules for another company.

Who can fix technical problems in future, when the original designer is sack ?

Semiconductor devices can go obsolete, the original designer understand the circuit....

not easy to find qualified technical engineer

who will teach service staff ?

I dont undertand it