Subwoofer Amp Replacement Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I've finally resigned myself to the fact I'm probably not going to be able to repair my JBL E150P amp with my very limited tech skills!

So, I was wondering if I could replace the internal amplifier with one of the following:

Assembled IRS2092 mono amplifier board 200W-sn | eBay

P7+New L15D-Pro 300W 4ohm IRS2092 IRFB4019 Mono amplifier kit | eBay

or, my favourite - partly as it's pre-assembled and has a line level input:

300 Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TAS5613 300W Mono Power Amp Subwoofer | eBay.

I'll probably order a power supply to go with it (save building one myself), but that's by-the-by.

Any ideas if these amps (particularly the last) are any good for subwoofer amp duties?

I have that 300W one at the end.
I bought one of these to power it Aluminum High Quality AC100V 240V Switching Power Supply 36V 11A | eBay

But it doesn't sound right. I do have an F-Mod inline crossover which could be the problem but i haven't looked at any of it since first trying it. Also has a real loud pop in my sub when i turn it on.

Was thinking of buying an enclosure (currently doesnt have one) and trying again.

I'm not sure if the power supply could be the problem. I'd like to try a different power supply like the Connexelectronic SMPS or something but i dont really know enough about them to know what to buy.

Hopefully someone will post in here with some recommendations for you as i'd be interested in getting mine working properly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.