Multi channel confusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
A bit of advice please.
I am looking for a low cost solution for 8 channels of class d power for NaO Note II RS speakers. They require a minimum of 50 to 75w into 8 ohms for the Lower Midrange,Upper Midrange, and 4 Vifa Tweeters, at a low THD not 10%.
For the Peerless SLS woofers a TDA8950 that gives 2 X 120w @4 Ohm or bridge mode 300W @ 8 Ohm should be adequate, I could use two of them.

JohnK the NaO designer also advised, some digital amps don't like to see the tweeters in parallel with the result that the highs get rolled off significantly. It depends on the design of the output filters.

miniDSP 2x4 the output of the crossover is limited to 0.9 V RMS so will need an amp which can be driven to max output with that level input.

Any one know of a 6 channel board to work at these specs?
Any better solutions than the TDA8950 at a similar cost.

I was planning to buy two transformers and use LM338 regulators to set the voltage, sound ok?

Many Thanks
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.