No-Frills 7-Channel Rack-Mount Hypex NC400 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a no frills build I did for my home theater, using just two separate rack-mount housings. One housing for the three fronts and one housing for the four surrounds, each housing with a 1200W power supply. Of course I'm not getting all of the capable power out of NC400's in the 4 channel configuration with the 1200W PS, but it's still much more than I'll need, and more than my surrounds are capable of.

I direct-wired all connections.. the XLR wires terminated at the RCA ends with Cardas connectors, the speaker wires, and the power wires, all direct mounted to the NC400's. Simply used cord grips to lock the wires through the housings.

The housings are ventilated but I found they still build up more heat than I'm comfortable with, so I included silent low-speed 60mm case fans, controlled by a tiny fan controller with temp sensor. At idle power when not in use, the fan controller keeps the fans just crawling along to circulate the air. It works out well and there's absolutely no fan sound, even from just a few inches away.

I did the 3-channel last year and just finished the 4 channel surrounds now. Of course the sound is amazing.

Pics of the 4-channel rack mount housing (the 3-channel housing not shown but is the same minus a channel)...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.