Which chip and whatever happened to Mueta and UCD?

Bruno

This topic talks about Mueta and UCD, i think the last one is pretty good when i look to all the posts about it and i will certainly try one in the future when i learned more about all the (for the moment to me still difficult) things about it.
But what happened to SODA?
I made a SODA for myself (based one an existing one), like i said in another topic, and it performed pretty good.
I read about the good output filter correction and everything round this of the UCD.
Has the SODA much other disadvantages then the UCD?

Greetz

Bart

In black box terms indeed the main difference lies in how output filter control is handled (first soda: only fb at the switches, 2nd soda composite feedback, ucd only fb after the filter).

Since then, the power stage has become a bit more practical too. It uses only N-fets, and you can turn it on and off at will (this is entirely normal for circuits with IC drivers, but for a number of reasons, mainly cost, driver ICs were not an option).

(for information to the other readers, soda typically used an LM311 comparator, an emitter follower pair as driver, ac coupling with zener DC restoration and a P/N pair. Needless to say startup of this circuit was a bit tricky)

Sonically speaking, soda cooks up a nice sounding "soup". With UcD you get the ingredients :)

Nice discussion.

I have done some things with multilevel versions, and ucd three level.

I have never build one, I do this moment the circlotron, but maybe also me need to go over to class d and learn and design things.

I did simulate the mueta like amp, only in half bridge, and have mine own in three level, who is pic three.

See much about real digital amps, I think it will be the future but of these sound nice I do not now. I have play a open loop class D in past, did sound quite nice, little tuby.

last pic has low distortion, it is a ucd with pre-post feedback and a fase network hace also one with current feedback in prepost, only one is used for comparator and is made a triangle from output square as feedback.

Regards.

Attachments

• mueta.jpg
    mueta.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 112
  • mueta1.jpg
    mueta1.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 104
  • prepostfeedback.jpg
    prepostfeedback.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 106