Please help me diagnose a Hypex problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an older Hypex UCD400 amplifier and I hear a click on my speakers whenever I turn it on. Also, when I turn off the amplifier, there is a low volume whining noise that can be heard as the capacitors are discharging. This behavior has been present since I have had the amplifier, but the noises are not loud enough where I am afraid of damage to the speakers. My guess is that there is a DC offset, but I figured I would see what people more knowledgeable than myself think and what the best solution would be. I have attached some pics of the amp. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20130704_145720.jpg
    IMG_20130704_145720.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20130704_145753.jpg
    IMG_20130704_145753.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 191
My UcD180HG have a square/triangle wave sound that lowers in frequency as the capacitors discharge.
As there are no relays disconnecting the speakers the click is probably the oscillation starting creating a small bump before it gets going. The whining noise is probably the oscillation breaking down as rail voltage collapse. I have not seen any DC offset push the cone ether way though.
I figured it to be normal.

If it isn't I'm sure someone will step in and yell "turn it off before you break something".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.