TPA3116D2 Amp

Actually in a PWM system volume doesn't change what comes out the outputs, they're always running flat out, almost rail to rail. What changes, and what the filter reacts to is the change in the width of the pulses.

True, it is not that the carrier changes in amplitude with change of the audio level. Without an output filter we loose some control of the loading of the chip. This is why I suggest not to load the chip too much in the audio range without an output filter. For testing if the chip works this is very useful, not for trying out the limits of the chip.

Hi Zoran,
I had to do some cleaning this morning. I'm ready now.
If you remove all chokes (such that you will have no sound on any output), connect your 12V/1A supply and measure the supply voltage on the supply terminals (supposed to be 12V), do you have stable 12V readings on your voltmeter or are the readings going down every 2-3 seconds?

It's changeing from 12V to 11V every second.
When I put 6V, then voltage goes from 6V to 6.2V every second.

Thanks for testing.
The sudden voltage drops hints that at moments strong currents are drawn somewhere.

With all chokes removed it cannot be strong currents running to the outputs. It is likely that strong currents are drawn inside at least one of the TPA3116 chips. That should not happen.
Time for the chip test: NO POWER, use your Ohm-meter only. Ohm-meter setting 2Kohm. The "+" and "-" power supply terminals you find on the small blue terminal block close to the black DC-plug.
The board has 6 lines coming from one of the two TPA3116 chips and going to the input terminal PCB-pads used for the chokes we just removed. Measure the impedance from any of these choke terminal PCB-pads and first to the power supply "+" terminal, then to the power supply "-" terminal. Do any of these 12 measurements give you less than 100 Ohm?

Everything is about 2kOhm. Thank you man for your time bit even if you find problem I can't fix that. I think it's time to this amp go in trash.

Zoran, I believe you are right.
The 6 chokes are likely to need replacement. At least one of the TPA3116 chips may be defect. Buying replacement parts may bring you close to the price for a new similar board (that should work) but you still have to do the repair work and risk that something is still not good.
Thanks for letting the forum members know about your problems. Only by knowing about such problems other can avoid buying defective versions. Personally, I just received a good looking TDA8954 board (NXPs best chip) just to realize that it also had issues that needed to be solved before it would work.
I hope that this bad experience has not scared you from DIY in the future. Use the forum (and eventually YouTube) to get opinions about a board before buying.

FF

FauxFrench my man, is it posible to amplifier works same with and without both operacional amplifier?

If one TPA3116 amplifier chip is defect, it is possible to remove that chip and the other chip should work again. The last test I proposed aimed at finding out if one TPA3116 chip is defect.
If it is your sub-channel that is defect, the stereo channel may play on. If it is the stereo channel that is defect, the sub-channel on its own is less fun (mono and mainly bass).
A problem is that you measured 2K on all pins but there are still high currents running so we do still not know where the defect is.

When I turn treble almost on max and volume almost on max then stop breaking sound and LED on board start turning off because of low power. That's all happening on 6V power supply.

When I just a little bit turn down treble or volume then start breaking sound again.

On 6 volts the amp which still has gain set for 24volts will start clipping with almost no input. Check the Fualt pin... I'll bet it's bouncing on and off like crazy.

Hi, does someone still have the output catch diode diagram, please? It is no longer available on original post.
Without having a diagram to show: for each of the four TPA3116 output lines, a Schottky diode to the positive supply rail and Schottky diode to the negative supply rail. Diode anode to the negative supply rail and diode cathode to the positive supply rail.

Without having a diagram to show: for each of the four TPA3116 output lines, a Schottky diode to the positive supply rail and Schottky diode to the negative supply rail. Diode anode to the negative supply rail and diode cathode to the positive supply rail.

Thank you very much! Could not imagine that was as simple as that, I was wondering where to fit 8 diodes on that small board. Already burst 2 TPA3118 boards.