TPA3116D2 Amp

You make a resistive mono summing point by connecting a 4K7 resistor to the left channel signal wire and a 4K7 resistor to the right channel signal wire and connect the two resistors together in the other end. That connection point in the other end is a resistive summing point (mono) which you use for the "100x1" mono channel. For the 50x2 board you take the stereo signal before the resistors, straight from the signal wires.

Last edited:
Last edited:
By the way is it possible to make some pre-out output for sub like in micca a250 ?

Most simple way is just connecting extra wires from your potentiometer output to pre-out at back panel. I'm not sure is this the "proper" way to do it, but it works.

For actual subwoofer pre out, you would need a low-pass filter also. Then I would consider adding something like this inside the amp case:

NE5532 Low-pass Filter Board Subwoofer 2.1CH/Pre-Amplifier Preamp DC12-24V Board 826963966203 | eBay

"Well designed" cannot be separated from the price. If you pay 20$ or 100$ will in most cases influence the quality of the components.
I got this one at a sale for an even lower price: High Power Digital Amplifier Board 160W+160W Dual Channel Audio Stereo Power Amplifier Board Module TDA7498E -in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
That amplifier board I find is really well designed for the price. Original "Ice Power" modules are no doubt well designed but sold at a very different price level. Hypex modules are well designed for their price tag.

I suppose I've collected amps like some women collect earrings. From modest prices to the "oh should I really be doing this" price levels. You could say Class D is good for cheap thrills but honestly the quality seems to be getting better and better. Now you could say YMMV and every amp has to be considered in the context of what its asked to do but when someone you respect says it's competitive with their precious jewel that costs $3000 for under $100, it's hard to say no. The two on my list right now are;
Volt+ D (Double) 2x60W
Amazon.com: Nobsound TPA3250 Class D Digital Amplifier Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Power Amp (Black): Home Audio & Theater

I suppose I've collected amps like some women collect earrings. From modest prices to the "oh should I really be doing this" price levels. You could say Class D is good for cheap thrills but honestly the quality seems to be getting better and better. Now you could say YMMV and every amp has to be considered in the context of what its asked to do but when someone you respect says it's competitive with their precious jewel that costs $3000 for under $100, it's hard to say no. The two on my list right now are;
Volt+ D (Double) 2x60W
Amazon.com: Nobsound TPA3250 Class D Digital Amplifier Hi-Fi Stereo Audio Power Amp (Black): Home Audio & Theater
This TPA3250 looks quite good - might be some upgrade from tpa3116, right ? Also the price is good - you can get it from taobao for ~44$ with power supply. Have you bought it also with tube pre-amp Tube-03 ? I have read that they recommend to buy with that pre-amp:
1. Amp ??FX502SPRO HIFI?????????? TPA3250???????-???
2.Pre-amp ??TUBE-03????????HIFI??????????????-???

I bought the TPA3250 via Amazon. Expecting it to arrive next week. No I haven't bought the Tube-03 even tho it looks nice at this point I will use the Audio Research pre amp I already own. The Audiophonics is in another price category but NCore amps are very good never owned one but have heard others and always impressed. Based on the many comments here I have high expectations of the TPA3250. If as others have said it has better bass and lower distortion than the tpa3116 I will be satisfied for my use and not likely to dig into mods.

I bought the TPA3250 via Amazon. Expecting it to arrive next week. No I haven't bought the Tube-03 even tho it looks nice at this point I will use the Audio Research pre amp I already own. The Audiophonics is in another price category but NCore amps are very good never owned one but have heard others and always impressed. Based on the many comments here I have high expectations of the TPA3250. If as others have said it has better bass and lower distortion than the tpa3116 I will be satisfied for my use and not likely to dig into mods.
I have found some bad review about fx-audio-fx502spro:
Review and Measurements of Topping TP60 and FX Audio FX502SPro Amps | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

"Well designed" cannot be separated from the price. If you pay 20$ or 100$ will in most cases influence the quality of the components.
I got this one at a sale for an even lower price: High Power Digital Amplifier Board 160W+160W Dual Channel Audio Stereo Power Amplifier Board Module TDA7498E -in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
That amplifier board I find is really well designed for the price. Original "Ice Power" modules are no doubt well designed but sold at a very different price level. Hypex modules are well designed for their price tag.

I have found probably the same amp cheaper on taobao --> amp
By the way what voltage do you recommend for such a amp ?
I know it can be used with 36V but with THD 10%, which is probably to much, right ?
Right now I am very happy user of tpa3116 (amp which you have recommended with sanwu capacitors - probably fake ones), but I am thinking about that tda for some bigger speakers.
How much real power it can give for 8 ohm speakers ? According to taobao description 160W for 4 ohm and 36V :) == so probably sth like 70W for 8 ohms and 36V power supply, right ? I need sth like ~80W per channel (130W RMS speakers)

Last edited:
I know it can be used with 36V but with THD 10%, which is probably to much, right ?
Right now I am very happy user of tpa3116 (amp which you have recommended with sanwu capacitors - probably fake ones), but I am thinking about that tda for some bigger speakers.
How much real power it can give for 8 ohm speakers ? According to taobao description 160W for 4 ohm and 36V :) == so probably sth like 70W for 8 ohms and 36V power supply, right ? I need sth like ~80W per channel (130W RMS speakers)
ok - so I have just found that this amp can deliver ~68W 8ohms with 36V --> YouTube

Hi baszek,

36V is a good choice. The datasheet says max. 39V operational but leave a margin. 36V should give you some 75W in 8 Ohm. The guy in the YouTube video has made no board modifications and the board includes a polarity protection diode. That diode leaves a supply voltage drop of some 0.5V. Short-circuit that diode and you get a bit more than the 68W in 8 Ohm. But, your polarity protection will be gone.
10% THD is useless. Use the "clipping point" that corresponds to some 1% THD.
TDA7498E is a really fine chip with only one drawback: the tiny chip housing that makes cooling delicate. For that reason the TDA7498E should never be used to the limits. 8 Ohm speakers is fine. I believe it is "The Doctor" who has seen TDA7498E chips overheated at heavy loading.

Sanwu capacitors on the TPA3116 board? Or, do you mean Nichicon? Nichicon capacitors are genuine but a "value-for-money" brand. They also make capacitors for use by known brands like Yamaha and Denon. My experience with Nichicon is good.

Last edited: