TPA3116D2 Amp

[Hello,

I bouth a TPA3116D2 XH-M548 Bluetooth 4.0 Dual Channel 120W amplifier.
It has a very loud annoying noise. If I turn the volumen down with the button it gets better but still noisy.

My question is, is there any fix yet? Is it possible to change the default volumen on start up to something lower that i dont have to turn the volumen always down that the noise is less.

To read 1080 pages its a lil bit too much for me. Hope some one can help.
Thanks !
s-l1600.jpg

Hi, I'm using this amp board in a BT speaker I've made. I don't have a hiss problem and apart from the annoying loud tones on startup, it's doing a great job.
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_20180507_210407-1-1-1-1328x996.jpg
    IMG_20180507_210407-1-1-1-1328x996.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_20180520_153935-1328x996.jpg
    IMG_20180520_153935-1328x996.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 742
[Hello,

Thanks !
s-l1600.jpg

Hi, I'm using this amp board in a BT speaker I've made. I don't have a hiss problem and apart from the annoying loud tones on startup, it's doing a great job.
Martin

Seems like they skipped the Differentiall-2-Singe-Ended conversion, nice. May you post a picture with heatsinks removed? (In a quality that allows seeing traces clearly)

HI All,

A few years back I modded a YJ Blueboard (Caps, Bootstrap etc) and connected a KRC86B which uses the CSR 8630 Bluetooth Module

I had terrible hum noise and identified it as ground loop problem. I slved this by using a seperate power supply for the bluetooth module as my electronics knowledge is amateur at best.

This system has been in my ceiling for 3 years now and I'm very happy with it - Alexa echo connected to it

A friend has now asked me to build a similar amp setup for their kitchen ceiling speakers and I wanted some advice.

Mainly - do the new 'all in one' blue tooth and tpa3116 modules solve the ground loop issues or am i still better off buying seperate modules?

Also, I don't need auxilary input - only bluetooth so does anyone know of any 'all in one' modules that use a differential connection between bluetooth and amp?

thanks in advance

stu

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Assuming ground loop noise you were definitely on the hot track. These BT-modules exhibit terrible current noise on the DC supply - and thus are prone to gnd loops. It may help to parallel a big electrolytic cap of 470uF or more directly at the BT power terminals. In case the BT-module provides symm outputs, connecting these to symm inputs will help considerably reduce noise.

Using TPA3106 balanced inputs is the way to go when connecting a source powered from the same PSU (i.e. ground loop exists). Even if the source output is single-ended, connect it as a fake balanced output. I have already posted link to my experience Adding an Amp into Thin-Client PC multiple times in this thread, sorry for repetition but still valid :). TPA has decent common-mode rejection ratio, the balanced inputs do help a lot.

This is what the balanced inputs are designed for. Why trying to partially reduce the ground loop noise when proper balanced inputs are available? Connect the return pin of source output (GND of the BT receiver output) to the cold balanced line input through the same-value capacitor (usually already on board) and subtract thus the common-mode noise caused by current peaks through the supply ground line of the signal source.

And you can also use DC-DC isolator in front of the BT-board. In fact, some modules seem to have the isolator already on the board, I tested one of those and seemed to be quite silent.

I am too a bit sceptical what comes to those all-in-one boards, the amp section is usually designed poorly and the BT-implementation might be too.

I have thought many times, that this forum could use a thread what would include the amp boards that members have some experience with, and have found them to be good quality. It's nearly impossible to search for that type of info from here.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I have thought many times, that this forum could use a thread what would include the amp boards that members have some experience with, and have found them to be good quality. It's nearly impossible to search for that type of info from here.
One problem is that you get loads of opinions of people with a wide range of knowledge from noobs to experts - how do you find the trustweorthy ones?

Thanks everyone - if it wasn't for this community I wouldn't have enjoyed building the various amps, dacs etc that I've been able to do over the years.

I think I will try to build this with two modules but try and make one supply work for both this time. DC DC converter sounds like a good option as I will need to drop quite a few volts from the amp supply to power the BT module.

I agree, it would be good to have some listed boards... especially if we could discern whether things like the bootstrap snubber cap mod had already been done.

S

SIlly newbie question:
I have (2) stereo tpa3116d2 boards that I have tested and they work fine. This is my good baseline before I mess anything up. What I want to accomplish is modify one of the boards to be 100x1 mono, which I see how to do earlier in this massive thread. I think I can handle that with some through hole components and being super careful. The question I have is, how do I connect the L+R audio input to both the 50x2 and the 100x1 boards without shorting L and R together on the mono board? Is it common to just run a single channel into the mono boards for a 2.1 desktop system?