Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3116D2 Amp
TPA3116D2 Amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 01:03 PM   #9621
fulvio is offline fulvio  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trieste, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
Could you possibly post pictures of what goes where? I have done a similar mod to my Audiobah clone, so have the resistors and capacitors to hand.

Thanks
R=4x10 ohm, C=4x330 pF

Capacitors are connected to PCB ground plane after scratching the paint in two points.

By the way, a piece of 2.54mm strip contact can be used as input connector (can be seen in first picture)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010069.JPG (55.0 KB, 687 views)
File Type: jpg P1010066.JPG (86.6 KB, 688 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 01:13 PM   #9622
Yatsushiro is offline Yatsushiro  France
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Normandie, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulvio View Post
R=4x10 ohm, C=4x330 pF

Capacitors are connected to PCB ground plane after scratching the paint in two points.

By the way, a piece of 2.54mm strip contact can be used as input connector (can be seen in first picture)
Thank you, will get soldering tonight!
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 02:50 PM   #9623
jwicaksana is offline jwicaksana  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicaksana View Post

Finished board
Click the image to open in full size.
Friends, will I get a benefit if I change the inductors with:
5pcs 12127MM 10uH Mark 100 SMD Shielded Power Inductors | eBay

5PCS CD75 10uH 100 SMD Power Inductors 7mm5mm

No audiophile part, but proper value for the board. My speaker is 6 Ohm. Thanks.
__________________
Cheers,
Jonathan
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 09:39 PM   #9624
Angeldust is offline Angeldust
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicaksana View Post
Friends, will I get a benefit if I change the inductors with:
5pcs 12127MM 10uH Mark 100 SMD Shielded Power Inductors | eBay

5PCS CD75 10uH 100 SMD Power Inductors 7mm5mm

No audiophile part, but proper value for the board. My speaker is 6 Ohm. Thanks.
With stock board the inductors of the slave chip are getting hot but as fulvio suggested I remove c33 to have better synchro.After that things cool to normal.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my HT3 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 11:08 PM   #9625
sphykik is offline sphykik  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulvio View Post
The gain is 32 dB (40x), but, driving the input directly with a low impedance source, no noise is audible; modification of the gain is not easy, because to do this you have to remove the heatsink, that is glued over the SMD components (not fixed with screws as in the seller pictures).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulvio View Post
Concerning the supply capacitor (4 x 470uF), in my board they are not Sanyo (as in the seller picture), but they are marked JWCO LOW ESR; assuming they are not fake, according with JWCO datasheet, they should have an ESR of 65 mohm and a ripple current of 1200 mA, each one: not so bad!
Here are photos of the Amazon board. It has a removable heatsink, and the caps say SANYO - however I'm not sure if they legitimate. Perhaps someone can weigh in...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 12:43 AM   #9626
sphykik is offline sphykik  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NC
Got out the magnifying glass and...

39 kΩ in R1
100 kΩ in R2
For gain of 32db per the data sheet

Input caps are 1μF, which gives a -3db response at 20hz. Should be changed to 5.6F for a flat response to 20hz at 32db gain.

Amazon link again for those that are interested. These are good boards and have the largest heatsink you can find around right now. There are ~12 left.

Just bought 2 more!
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 06:06 AM   #9627
jwicaksana is offline jwicaksana  Indonesia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
With stock board the inductors of the slave chip are getting hot but as fulvio suggested I remove c33 to have better synchro.After that things cool to normal.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my HT3 using Tapatalk
Wow nice. Do you hear any difference in sound? What other mod did you do on your board? Thanks.
__________________
Cheers,
Jonathan
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 08:19 AM   #9628
irribeo is offline irribeo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphykik View Post
Here are photos of the Amazon board. It has a removable heatsink, and the caps say SANYO - however I'm not sure if they legitimate. Perhaps someone can weigh in...
Like I said very obvious counterfeits. Millions around, some look better than these.
If one wants the Sanyo WX buy the Suncon ME-WX at an official distributor. Yes the Sanyo should read Suncon on the foil and if buying old stock one should at least take a look at the Suncon to see if the Sanyo is close enough to even wait for seller to send other capacitors than pictured in the ad on Ali or Ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suncon me-wx.jpg (333.2 KB, 194 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 11:57 AM   #9629
fulvio is offline fulvio  Italy
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Trieste, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphykik View Post
Got out the magnifying glass and...

39 kΩ in R1
100 kΩ in R2
For gain of 32db per the data sheet

Input caps are 1μF, which gives a -3db response at 20hz. Should be changed to 5.6F for a flat response to 20hz at 32db gain.

Amazon link again for those that are interested. These are good boards and have the largest heatsink you can find around right now. There are ~12 left.

Just bought 2 more!
For G = 32 dB, Rin is 15Kohm, so with Cin= 1uF, the -3dB point is about at 10 Hz; at 20 Hz, the loss is about 1 dB; I wouldn't worry for this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 02:30 PM   #9630
Angeldust is offline Angeldust
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicaksana View Post
Wow nice. Do you hear any difference in sound? What other mod did you do on your board? Thanks.
No other mod yet but I want to remove the four capacitors.Can't tell nothing about difference in sound quality but for me this board is worth the money I pay(6.8 dollars).

Sent from my HT3 using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote

Reply


TPA3116D2 AmpHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS- Twisted Pear Buffalo 32S Board & System New & Unused secretriches Swap Meet 1 10th August 2009 02:17 PM
Modify & build out (2) Western Electric 300B / 2A3 Hammond monoblock amps & UTC LS-5 quality sound Tubes / Valves 0 9th May 2009 03:59 PM
Krell KSA 80 bias & dc offset check & adjust procedure Clouseaupte Solid State 3 9th August 2007 09:39 AM
DIY-AMP <ZAS> Low THD & IM high bandwith murphy Solid State 18 30th December 2005 10:28 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2019 diyAudio
Wiki