TPA3116D2 Amp

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I found one seller on ebay with two available TPA3116 assembled modules. Who will bite first? Maybe me. :D

3116 stereo

3116 2.1

VonAh,
Did you bite? For $24 or $30 how can you go wrong? I guess depends on shipping charges from China... Looking forward to first listening impressions. The circuit appears very close to TI factory recommended but I noticed the inductors are 22 uH rather than default 10 uH.
X

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Looking forward to first sound on these eBay units from China. It's amazing, but the BOM costs more than what they are selling it for (which includes shipping to NZ or USA!) Crazy how they can do it. If this thing sounds as good as the one I built (which i suspect it does), there is no reason to buy a Lepai, Topping, FIIO, etc... which all cost more except the Lepai. Well you get a case with the others.

Looking forward to first sound on these eBay units from China. It's amazing, but the BOM costs more than what they are selling it for (which includes shipping to NZ or USA!) Crazy how they can do it. If this thing sounds as good as the one I built (which i suspect it does), there is no reason to buy a Lepai, Topping, FIIO, etc... which all cost more except the Lepai. Well you get a case with the others.

Hm, I bet Cristi's are still better quality though...

One thing about that amp is that the input does not use those the typical plastic terminal blocks on the PCB but one of those "three-pin plugs". Does it come with the amp?

I noticed the three pin plug thing as well. They are identical to the connectors/sockets they use on computer motherboards.

I'll probably end up removing it and wiring the inputs straight to the board.