Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

TPA3116D2 Amp
TPA3116D2 Amp
TPA3116D2 Amp Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2019, 02:10 PM   #11351
jwicaksana is offline jwicaksana  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Hi FauxFrench, thanks for being courteous, and generous with your time and expertise..
Just passing to say that..
Old 12th December 2019, 02:18 PM   #11352
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwicaksana View Post
Hi FauxFrench, thanks for being courteous, and generous with your time and expertise..
Just passing to say that..

Many thanks Jonathan, very much appreciated.
Also I learn a lot from being forced to think about how things really relate and how to explain it to others in an understandable way.
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM   #11353
Zoran023 is offline Zoran023
diyAudio Member

FauxFrench my man, is it posible to amplifier works same with and without both operacional amplifier?
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #11354
FauxFrench is offline FauxFrench  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran023 View Post
FauxFrench my man, is it posible to amplifier works same with and without both operacional amplifier?

If one TPA3116 amplifier chip is defect, it is possible to remove that chip and the other chip should work again. The last test I proposed aimed at finding out if one TPA3116 chip is defect.
If it is your sub-channel that is defect, the stereo channel may play on. If it is the stereo channel that is defect, the sub-channel on its own is less fun (mono and mainly bass).
A problem is that you measured 2K on all pins but there are still high currents running so we do still not know where the defect is.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #11355
Zoran023 is offline Zoran023
diyAudio Member

When I turn treble almost on max and volume almost on max then stop breaking sound and LED on board start turning off because of low power. That's all happening on 6V power supply.

When I just a little bit turn down treble or volume then start breaking sound again.

Last edited by Zoran023; Yesterday at 10:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #11356
Douglas Blake is offline Douglas Blake  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoran023 View Post
When I turn treble almost on max and volume almost on max then stop breaking sound and LED on board start turning off because of low power. That's all happening on 6V power supply.

When I just a little bit turn down treble or volume then start breaking sound again.
On 6 volts the amp which still has gain set for 24volts will start clipping with almost no input. Check the Fualt pin... I'll bet it's bouncing on and off like crazy.

TPA3116D2 AmpHide this!Advertise here!