Question regarding Max. Switching rate push button for Class-D amp + accessories

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good evening

I about to plan my next project and have a question regarding this switch:

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1581764.pdf

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is the Max. Switching rate of 250 VAC and 5A enough for the following devices together?

Meanwell SMPS (Meanwell Power Supply Products 4A - Current 230VAC, Inrush Current 60A 230VAC) which powers a Hifimedy T2 (Hifimediy T2)

Apple USB Charger
Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

No idea about ampere.

Apple AirPort Express
(Apple - AirPort Express - View all the technical specifications.)
100-240V AC, 50-60Hz; input current: 0.2 amp

I really like the look of this switch. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

ElAdMi

That little datasheet is a bit light on details but I's say the capacitive surge load of the Meanwell supply would give a set of 5 Amp contacts a problem in fairly short order. If you don't do anything to limit the surge, you will probably need a few times heavier contacts to get good life, even though your steady state load is not over 5A. The conditions during closing and opening of the contacts are often the harder problem to deal with. Nice looking switch, but not heavy enough...

That little datasheet is a bit light on details but I's say the capacitive surge load of the Meanwell supply would give a set of 5 Amp contacts a problem in fairly short order. If you don't do anything to limit the surge, you will probably need a few times heavier contacts to get good life, even though your steady state load is not over 5A. The conditions during closing and opening of the contacts are often the harder problem to deal with. Nice looking switch, but not heavy enough...

Hi Andrew

Sorry for the late reply. Too bad, I really liked the looks of this switch. I got this one now as a substitue:

76-959035 - ITW SWITCHES - TASTER, ANTI-VANDAL BLACK | Farnell Schweiz

Thank you

Cheers

Depends if the Meanwell has a soft start or not.
Although most SMPS has thermistor to limit surge at power on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.