Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

RB-TA2022 ref design any good
RB-TA2022 ref design any good
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2012, 07:19 PM   #11
sweetperfume is offline sweetperfume  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldsen View Post
I can make a good deal on a RB-TA2022 version 3.1 6 channel amp with 1000 watt audio SMPS for 100$. But is this design good, or is there anything I should be aware of.

Most important is that it's stable and noise free, and it should af good sound (in know it have good sound so it more about how stable that design is)

try out TDA8920...i designed a pcb of it and doing well with it...it is fully protected...and will not require any external protection scheme
Old 13th August 2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Kjeldsen is offline Kjeldsen  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetperfume View Post
try out TDA8920...i designed a pcb of it and doing well with it...it is fully protected...and will not require any external protection scheme
I have two TDA8950th already
Old 13th August 2012, 09:07 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have two TDA8950th already

then u must be scoring 300 watts out of it....so why are u in need of other amps
Old 14th August 2012, 04:38 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetperfume View Post
then u must be scoring 300 watts out of it....so why are u in need of other amps
Mine are stereo, and around 90 watt 8 ohm. I fried the first two modules. Played well a couple of month, and then died. I didn't make proper connection between groundplane and heatsink. I have sparemodules, but I need better tools to cut the 5 holes to mount heatsink. The shall be within 0,2 mm and that is hard only using hand tools.

The Tripath I can have up and running in no time, and it's also just for fun, and because I can't say no to a bargain.

I also have NAD 3100 and 3300 on stock
Old 14th August 2012, 05:43 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Mine are stereo, and around 90 watt 8 ohm. I fried the first two modules. Played well a couple of month, and then died. I didn't make proper connection between groundplane and heatsink. I have sparemodules, but I need better tools to cut the 5 holes to mount heatsink. The shall be within 0,2 mm and that is hard only using hand tools.

The Tripath I can have up and running in no time, and it's also just for fun, and because I can't say no to a bargain.

I also have NAD 3100 and 3300 on stock

ok,,,you might be using an smd type....try a dip thru package....anyways ur choice it is....but i can starve hard on 8 ohms if u require 90 watts...would be quite sufficient
Old 14th August 2012, 05:57 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

It's from connexelectronic and smd type. I don't play loud and will build OB with four 10 inch peerless woofers in each speaker, so I will not need 1000 watt. Right now I play on 86 dB speaker with 10 watts, and that fine most of the time. Only material with lots of dynamic headroom requires more than 10 watt
Old 14th August 2012, 06:54 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

gr8...have fun
  Reply to this post

RB-TA2022 ref design any goodHide this!Advertise here!