Faulty left channel on Lepai LP2020A+

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I recently bought a Lepai lp2020a+ from eBay for building a boombox, but I've ran into a problem. It appears the the left channel is broken/faulty. At first I believed it was not giving any sound at all but then I put my ear close to the speaker and could hear the music very, very faintly. So it seems it's working slightly.

It's not the speaker I use that's broken because it works fine using the right channel on the amp. Funnily enough I bought two of these amps from eBay, although different sellers, and they both have the same problem :( So anyone got an idea about what might be wrong? I've begun replacing capacitors on one of them according to Modding the Lepai T2020A+ but no luck so far. Chip broken or is it something repairable on the board? I think the solders look fine but I'm no expert.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.