TDA8924TH compatible replacements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a last resort here, I swapped out the original shielded bobbin inductors for toroids and it seems to have fixed the problem. The amp has been playing music for over an hour and the toroids are only around 35C.

Idle current on the input to the amp dropped from 1.8A to 1.2A.

Is it possible for bobbin inductors to go bad?

It's kind of disappointing that changing the inductors fixed the overheating. I had the TDA8950 working perfectly; synced with a precision 0.75MHz crystal oscillator.

Hi. Prompt please in what there can be a problem? Blaupunkt THA475 on not big loudness works without problems, But it is worth including loudly music and on back columns the sound starts interrupting. There can be a problem in loss of capacity of condensers? at first I thought that with columns a problem Put just the same amplifier and works without problems at big loudness. And one more small question - whether Can be made it more powerful? To change tda8924 for tda8950

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.