Hypex UcD700 vs NCore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By the way, have you ever had any problem with clipping with NCore due to lack of power? (Or with UcD400?)

I'm using the UcD400HG (with HxR) since end of 2007, and never had any problems with lack of power.
Since last year I have speakers with a 12" bass driver, which likes to be shaken - the UcD drives it with very high level, totally controlled (which means also that at low level it's also very controlled, and thus somewhat recessed compared to a LM3886).

Ncore seems to have the same nominal and aboslute ratings in term of voltage (+/- 64V, +/-75V, same as UcD400 according to datasheets), so I can imaginbe that it works equally well (and loud).

I'm using the UcD400HG (with HxR) since end of 2007, and never had any problems with lack of power.
Since last year I have speakers with a 12" bass driver, which likes to be shaken - the UcD drives it with very high level, totally controlled (which means also that at low level it's also very controlled, and thus somewhat recessed compared to a LM3886).

Ncore seems to have the same nominal and aboslute ratings in term of voltage (+/- 64V, +/-75V, same as UcD400 according to datasheets), so I can imaginbe that it works equally well (and loud).

Thank you again

Hi! I am going to build an power amp, and have read a lot of nice things being said about the new Hypex NCore. Some claim NCore are quantum steps forward in sound quality compared with UcD, but others think the more powerfull UcD700 are the way to go for the moment - the DIY NCore are a bit weak they claim. Do you nice people at this forum have any opinion in this matter. To me sound quality is all, I don´t need to play loud in a large hall or something, just in my living room.

Hypex Electronics B.V.

HYPEX NCORE® TECHNOLOGY
Ncore® is the first Class-D amplifier not just to nudge the best linear amplifiers, but to surpass them in
every aspect relevant to sound quality. If you want the ultimate in clarity, resolution and musicality,
there is no longer a reason to trade efficiency or compactness.

NCore technology combines the stability of UcD with improved load-independence, lower distortion and lower
output impedance.

The approach is multi-pronged:NCore |Tech
A mathematically exact understanding of selfoscillation. This allows optimization of largesignal
performance.
Improved comparator circuitry insures that actual behaviour matches the theoretical model as closely as
possible.
New gate drive circuitry improves open-loop distortion at moderate signal levels while significantly
reducing idle losses.
A new control loop ups loop gain by 20dB across the full audio range without sacrificing stability.

Amplifiers using all four of the above will be Ncore. Amplifiers using only the first three will be sold
under the UcD brand even though their internals no longer resemble that of the well-known 2001 circuit

Attachments

• UCD与NCORE的差别.png
    UCD与NCORE的差别.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.