Behringer iNuke NU3000 w/o any fan...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have used nu3000dsp for 2 years at home on low usage only on weekend, using stock fan because noctua small fan seems gone i put 4pcs of 68ohm 2W in series/paralel and it's best combination of noise/air flow. additional memory cooler should give extra cool down

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_205851.jpg
    IMG_20190820_205851.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 326
Yes, you decrease the voltage to a level where noise is acceptable and air flow sufficient for your application. If you use such an amp as intended for PA you have no need to throttle the fan. It is only for those who use them for HT or sub woofer, where the headroom is of interest, not the max. continuous output. For the few moments with high power demand the mass of the radiator will absorb the heat.
In practice the most annoying noise is eliminated if you cut just some volt, like from 12 to 10 volt, which leaves 90% of air flow.
If the fan is temperature regulated, you will not use it. For such an amp you should consider changing to a silent running fan.

i recon my final voltage was around 9.5V, which is less audible noise even 10cm from the fan but still produce decent amount of air flow. after using the amplifier for my subwoofer during movie time, checking with IR termometer shows only around 40°C on the mosfet

i don't think any fancy temp control fan required for home usage, just stick on lower noise but decent airflow

i have used nu3000dsp for 2 years at home on low usage only on weekend, using stock fan because noctua small fan seems gone i put 4pcs of 68ohm 2W in series/paralel and it's best combination of noise/air flow. additional memory cooler should give extra cool down

How is the heatsink bonded to the Power device ? Some sort of glue ? Would it be able to transfer heat efficiently from device to the heat sink ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.