icepower balanced input connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
g,day

i,m in the process of connecting my asx125 modules in btl mode up to a mini dsp balanced unit and have noticed the connection diagram for the icepower modules only show a positive and negative connection for balanced input

what gives ? i should have 3, + - and s the wiring diagram only shows + and _

any help would be much appreciated

cheers sheafer

ok so i have connected the modules as per the diagram on icepowers application sheet and nothing .....

no sound not even a whisper ,so i have obviously got it wrong

can anyone share a pic or diagram of how they hooked up thier modules

it would be very much appreciated

cheers sheafer

Hi,

For BTL operation you need to generate a balanced signal (one is inverted of the other) and connect this to the input (P102 pin 5 & 8).

Output is between pin 1 and 4 of the output connector (P101) (BTL only)

Remember to pull BLT sync pin low (to gnd) .... (P102 pin 1)

I hope this helps

Warm Regards
Jens

hi all

thanks for the help jens
ok a few questions

balanced signal is coming from a balanced mini dsp unit so thats fine although
i cant figure out where to connect the sheild as when in btl mode the icepower unit only provides a input + (p102 pin 8 and 5) and a -( p102 pin 6 and 7)

when connecting to the speaker output p101 do i just use pin 1 and 2 and leave the other 2 ground pins(2 and 3) unconnected or do i have to loop them together

which ground do i use for the btl sync pin (p102 pin 1) i tried connecting it to the signal ground (p102 pin 6) with no luck

ps i have tried the units in single ended mode and the work fine so this rules out my source and the mini dsp as being a problem

thanks in advance for any help

cheers sheafer

balanced signal is coming from a balanced mini dsp unit so thats fine although
i cant figure out where to connect the sheild as when in btl mode the icepower unit only provides a input + (p102 pin 8 and 5) and a -( p102 pin 6 and 7)

Can the mini DSP generate balanced signals? Looking at the pictures of the mini DSP I see only 2xRCA connectors... do you use one mini DSP pr. ICEpower125ASX2?

When using the BTL option, you will only get 1 channel pr. ICEpower board.

The shield from the source should be connected to P102 pin 6 and 7 - this is ground for the module.

If the module does not produce sound, make sure that you are pulling P102 pin 1 and NOT pin 2 as this will disable the module... can you post a picture of the setup you have - this will make it easier to debug :)

Warm regards
Jens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.