Gemini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there peeps,

now i have an old gemini x-01 amp (yeah i know its crap) but was interested in knowing if anyone has any ideas about modding it in any way to produce a bit more power.
In my other threads i am working on a low power (and mainly hobby) three way p.a rig. Ive got some 125w fane classics and well this gemini amp will only put out 85w per channel at 8 ohm. What i would like it to do is put out 125-140w per channel for the subs.
The only reason i ask is because the board inside has stamps indicating that it is to be used for the whole x-0* range, and there seems to be holes for a few extra bits.
Now of course if there is nothing to be done wit this then i can always use it for a monitor amp, but then i was looking at building my own and so far the L20D boards look about right for the job, i just have to learn how much stuff i have to get to actually build an amp (pointers welcome).
Anyhows hope to here from someone soon on either the gemini or something to get me started on my own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.