L20D IRS2092 basic questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I hope this is the correct venue to ask questions about this amplifier. Here is the link. I am a novice when it comes to the component level of these Tripath and IR amplifiers, so please excuse my ignorance or silly questions.

I plan on running at least 8 channels (8x L20D) for an active home theater setup. I'm curious what power supply would work well with this number of amplifier units... Is it OK to use a single larger supply? or are individual power supplies required? Any suggestions for 70v power supplies?

I plan on processing individual channels with a Behringer DCX2496. Would this unit provide the correct input voltage to the L20D? or will it require extra componentry to lower input voltage?

Any cautions or words of advice are welcome. This is not my first actively processed home theater so I like to think I know at least a little about what I'm doing. However, when it comes to using these open board amplifiers, this will be a first for me. I appreciate the assistance anyone is willing to give.

Best regards,

Erik

A transformer, AC45-0-45 or AC50-0-50. Considering the voltage fluctuations.

Power can do a few bigger, the greater the power transformer, its price increase was relatively minor.

Such as 800 W power transformers, 2-4 only 80 V10000 UF capacitance.

I think 8 track will not lose the largest with time with power. So they are enough to use.

Forgive my English level, I think software than I hurry.

Hi LJM,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your willingness to help. I think there is a language barrier. I do not understand your suggestions. Let me ask the questions in a way that might be more easily understood:

1) Can I use one power supply for eight L20D amplifiers? If yes, do you have a suggestion or a link to the power supply that would work?

2) Will the DCX2496 input the proper voltage to the L20D?

Thanks again for your help LJM. Sorry for not understanding.

Thank you,

Erik

Not trying to hijack the thread but since it's about basic questions with regards to the modules.
ljm_ljm, I'm thinking of trying out these modules. I was wondering what kind of transformer you would recommend for optimal performance for two channels using a 80V/60000uf power board considering that it will most likely drive 4ohm speakers?
thx

First you need to be sure that you need output voltage (power)

Then select L15D or L20D.

Their power supply voltage difference. The output power is different.

So the pressure filter capacitance value is also different. They can drive the four ohms

L15D 40-60V + -DC. transformer ABOUT AC36-0-36
L20D 60-80V + -DC。transformer AC-45-0-45。

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.