Parralel TDA8950

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wanted to double the drive capability. The chip is TDA8950.

I got this diagram from TDF8599 datasheet.

Out1N is parralel with Out1P, junction is made after the output inductor, and share the same LC capacitor.

Tried this scheme with TDA8950. The chip broken instantly. Tried 2 chips, and all broken at once.

Is this scheme cannot be applicated to TDA8950?

I notice that TDF8599 has "MOD" pin (pin 12), for making AD or BD modulation. TDA8950 only work with BD modulation. But I don't think this is the cause of problem. Something else made the chip broken, but I don't know what is it yet.

What can be done to have a working parralel output, like this diagram, with TDA8950?

Attachments

• Parralel2.gif
    Parralel2.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 704
  • Parralel1.gif
    Parralel1.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 557
TDA8950 PARRALELED

you can try this topic like TAS5630,it should run ok, BD or AD mode can not influnce the Parralel out, only have different THD value output.TDA8950 have poor protection , you can test it with lower DC voltage. we have test it ,it same no problems.

Attachments

• tas5630pbtl.PNG
    tas5630pbtl.PNG
    119.5 KB · Views: 270
the tda7498 has advantages compared to the tas5630:

- single supply
- 1/4 cost for an assembled board

where i live the price for the tas5630 is in regions customs get interested.
an assembled board will finally cost around 60€ + half a day at the customs office.
tda7498 ships free for 12€.
that's why i'm interested in paralleling it.

The 8599 is two BTL designed to be able to operate as a PBTL (parallel BTL) amplifier.

The 8950 are two SE designed to be able to operate as a BTL.

Have you looked at the output (using an oscilloscope) of the 8950 in SE mode to see if the outputs are in phase during normal operation? Look at the actual switching output waveforms, not just the audio waveforms.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.