IRS2092 + (IRF4020 speculation)

Attachments

• DSI200-2.jpg
    DSI200-2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,119
  • DSI200-1.jpg
    DSI200-1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,082
I got these boards yesterday and have been listening to them every time I get a break. My fear of them not handling 4 ohms is gone after playing them fairly loud for about 1 hour. They only get warm to the touch but I'm not using all the power these can produce. With a small fan they're cold like a corpse.

Attachments

• DSCF3910.JPG
    DSCF3910.JPG
    574.6 KB · Views: 1,997
My fear of them not handling 4 ohms is gone after playing them fairly loud for about 1 hour. They only get warm to the touch but I'm not using all the power these can produce. With a small fan they're cold like a corpse.

So long as the switching frequency isnt too high and the deadtime is correct they shouldnt run hot. Obviously the heatsink comes into the equation too.

I run an irs2092 into 2 ohms at 750watts without any trouble.

Is that something you have designed yourself? Im in need of something suitable to run on 86V rails (54 0 54 V transformer 2x 15000uf caps ). Id did have one of these boards which the ebay seller assured me would run fine on my power supply and that it would not put out 86v dc even after I measured it.

I got these boards yesterday and have been listening to them every time I get a break. My fear of them not handling 4 ohms is gone after playing them fairly loud for about 1 hour. They only get warm to the touch but I'm not using all the power these can produce. With a small fan they're cold like a corpse.

Good to hear that! Anything to say about the sound compared to your other gear?

Got my modules some time ago, but still waiting for my smps :(

Is that something you have designed yourself? Im in need of something suitable to run on 86V rails (54 0 54 V transformer 2x 15000uf caps ). Id did have one of these boards which the ebay seller assured me would run fine on my power supply and that it would not put out 86v dc even after I measured it.

DC + -86V,about 500W 8OHM。1000W 4ohm.

The voltage is a little on the high side.
L20D is the default recommend DC 65 V + 200 W 8 OHM.

If you must use this voltage L20 D. Need to change some resistance.

Let L20D work in this voltage and also need to change the higher compression capacitance.

And the output power can't more than 300 W8R

Why did you do this?
Are you going to put input capacitance into small capacity of the MKP?

Suggest parallel is more than 10 UF

We were earlier discussing the possibility of increasing the 3.3k input impedance by increasing Rin and Rfb. You said this would change the switching frequency. So I'm now asking if there is any other way to increase input impedance perhaps by changing other resistors too. This is nothing to do with input blocking cap.

3.3k is very low for a power amp and may deter many from using L20D if they're using passive preamps.