My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

Actually, I have two of them but I would like to have 2 mono subs (each with passive radiator). There are some reasons for that, especially ambient ones and acoustic as well...

I will built 2 pieces simmilar to this, I already have all the drivers and just need 2 mono amps for them:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1699/
So, are there any other D-class modules which will be happy with weak 4 Ohm load and +/- 63V DC PSU?
Not in the L15-25D series I'm afraid. But I'd use the 63V trafo for L25D, 2x250/8. I'd used such a combo for my Magnepan LRS for a while until I built L15D 2x300/4, but I had to put down the 63V trafo and get back to an old SMPS 300R.

Last edited:
Not in the L15-25D series I'm afraid. But I'd use the 63V trafo for L25D, 2x250/8. I'd used such a combo for my Magnepan LRS for a while until I built L15D 2x300/4, but I had to put down the 63V trafo and get back to an old SMPS 300R.
We don't need more power.
actually. Low power MOSFET. For example, irfi4019 is better than IRFB or industrial MOSFET in effect.

I see I have another option: L30D. Its power is even stated on 2 Ohms so it wont have problem with mine 3,1Ohm

There will be some surplus of power but I think it wont be a problem - I wont take them to the extremes. It will be still just house listening.
I have built two mono amps with l30d, l20 was not capable of driving under 8 ohms loads! My power supply is a thoroidal trasfo plus 6 -10.000mf caps. They have burned down in one of the amps. I m told such power PCB class d, requires a lot of current, so l must substitute for a 2000 watts power switching module. Is it true? What item on Ali express do you recommend??!

I have built two mono amps with l30d, l20 was not capable of driving under 8 ohms loads! My power supply is a thoroidal trasfo plus 6 -10.000mf caps. They have burned down in one of the amps. I m told such power PCB class d, requires a lot of current, so l must substitute for a 2000 watts power switching module. Is it true? What item on Ali express do you recommend??!
What do you mean. Your power supply is broken, isn't it.
Do you have any pictures. Let me see.
I do not recommend switching power supply. The switching power supply has a high probability of damage.
And there are almost no examples of damage to the ring transformer.

L15d is a dip component. L15dsmd is an element of SMD.
These are two different versions. There should be no fakes in l15d or l15dsmd. They are blue.
There is a panda logo
I know about smd and dip versions. Actually I got SMD boards and I like them. I want to buy dip version too. Here is two pictures, what is yours?

Attachments

• 165827574527215384(1).jpg
    165827574527215384(1).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 429876998-1922712137(1).jpg
    429876998-1922712137(1).jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 99
What do you mean. Your power supply is broken, isn't it.
Do you have any pictures. Let me see.
I do not recommend switching power supply. The switching power supply has a high probability of damage.
And there are almost no examples of damage to the ring transformer.
The caps have burned down, l30d, l have been suggested a 2000 watts switching power supply, all class D power amps have switching power supplies, without any problem. How can l Repair it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-204657.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-204657.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 92
I know about smd and dip versions. Actually I got SMD boards and I like them. I want to buy dip version too. Here is two pictures, what is yours?
OK。 Dip version l15d is the same as your photo.
The difference is that in the early days, it was a single-layer PCB. Now it is a double-layer PCB. It is the one on the right of the picture.
They are all fine. But now there is only one on the right. Double layer PCB version.

The caps have burned down, l30d, l have been suggested a 2000 watts switching power supply, all class D power amps have switching power supplies, without any problem. How can l Repair it?
Your L30D is a black radiator. I bought it about three years ago.
Is the capacitor damaged.? You mean the capacitor? It's bulging? Note that there are many fake capacitors on the market. A lot. Be careful.
If only the capacitor is damaged. Then you need to buy a brand new one. Genuine capacitor. Just replace it. Watch out for fakes.
The capacitor needs to use 100V withstand voltage

Last edited:
OK。 Dip version l15d is the same as your photo.
The difference is that in the early days, it was a single-layer PCB. Now it is a double-layer PCB. It is the one on the right of the picture.
They are all fine. But now there is only one on the right. Double layer PCB version.
I cannot see a SONGLE relay on either if these photos. My (your) L15D Pro boards have them.

Your L30D is a black radiator. I bought it about three years ago.
Is the capacitor damaged.? You mean the capacitor? It's bulging? Note that there are many fake capacitors on the market. A lot. Be careful.
If only the capacitor is damaged. Then you need to buy a brand new one. Genuine capacitor. Just replace it. Watch out for fakes.
The capacitor needs to use 100V withstand voltage
What do you mean? I bought an L 30 D all parts soldered!! PCB is screen printed Jim_jim (!) --- who assembled it then (?) It s a fake(?) What is a fake ? The red cap? I had installed a former L 30 d before , and that red cap exploded !!!! Boom really. Who makes this damn Jim Jim ????

What do you mean? I bought an L 30 D all parts soldered!! PCB is screen printed Jim_jim (!) --- who assembled it then (?) It s a fake(?) What is a fake ? The red cap? I had installed a former L 30 d before , and that red cap exploded !!!! Boom really. Who makes this damn Jim Jim ????
I wonder who designs and assembles these L 15 - L 20 L30. (?) Jim_jim who is it? Precise: another L30 d had exploded. Knock !!!! Vera. Loud. Exploded the red cap you see in the picture! Also dangerous. I don't know how I managed to get a new one from the usual Chinese on duty. With what I spent, in total I bought two class D amplifiers, Behringer A 800, I have three currently and they are fine. So should I throw away two very good toroids? Poles, buy the two new switching power supply (?) Etc etc etc better not to be lost in such chinoiserie at the showdown.

What is the damage. Do you have any pictures. Location of damage
Red capacitor? What exactly is it.
I suggest you send an email to your supplier.
It is better to have a clear picture. Tell them where the damage is.
If the time is short, they will give you free components. Of course, if it is more than 2 years old, it may need to be purchased again.

Last edited:
I cannot see a SONGLE relay on either if these photos. My (your) L15D Pro boards have them.
The current l15d is about this.
Maybe the photos taken in different periods will be slightly different.
But generally speaking. We will use better components or PCBs instead of earlier versions.
Maybe the capacitor will be different. This is related to the procurement time.
In addition, if you have l15dsmd, you can always use it. It does not need to be replaced with l15d.
They have the same effect.

Attachments

• DSC_0007_副本.jpg
    DSC_0007_副本.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 81
What is the damage. Do you have any pictures. Location of damage
Red capacitor? What exactly is it.
I suggest you send an email to your supplier.
It is better to have a clear picture. Tell them where the damage is.
If the time is short, they will give you free components. Of course, if it is more than 2 years old, it may need to be purchased again.