Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Colin sent me a pair of his buffer boards to test. I'll let you guys know what I think. Thanks again Colin :)

4653749b59bf0479e35cc1c8e98ce6ee.jpg

Just ordered 25 of them! $10 more than the Burson and Sparkos, so I hope they are good. He was very forthcoming with some additional values to the Input board. He has a broadcast company use them in the same application.
"Hypex's implimentation of there balanced buffer circuit has 4.7M resistor to ground on the input side of the opamp and there is no high frequency rolloff in the feedback path. This resistors Johnson noise becomes the dominant noise source and is slightly audible here in our lab setup using the NC500 buffer board. As our opamps are extremely wideband and fast, we have found that making the 4.7M a 10k to 47K will drop the noise floor about 36-30dB. We and several of our customers have contacted Hypex regarding this and they may of changed this input circuit by now. So just a technical heads up"

hypex ncore

Just ordered 25 of them! $10 more than the Burson and Sparkos, so I hope they are good. He was very forthcoming with some additional values to the Input board. He has a broadcast company use them in the same application.
"Hypex's implimentation of there balanced buffer circuit has 4.7M resistor to ground on the input side of the opamp and there is no high frequency rolloff in the feedback path. This resistors Johnson noise becomes the dominant noise source and is slightly audible here in our lab setup using the NC500 buffer board. As our opamps are extremely wideband and fast, we have found that making the 4.7M a 10k to 47K will drop the noise floor about 36-30dB. We and several of our customers have contacted Hypex regarding this and they may of changed this input circuit by now. So just a technical heads up"

Right on. Who's board do you think they had in their lab?

Cheers Mike its going to be tight in the stereo case they butt upto each other with about a 10mm between each, may have to move them back slightly. We are working on our Pre Amp development this week.
IMG_2010_zps13cwqty5.jpg

I'm not sure how much you will benefit with these over the Sparko's if used with that preamp. The preamp board will be a bigger factor in determining the end sonic signature of the system. There's not enough difference in the sound between the Sparko's and Sonic's that you will likely hear. I was going DAC direct with my experiments and the noise floor of the noisiest component in the system was -130dB. So subtle differences were definitely audible.

Status
Not open for further replies.