Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Hypex Ncore
Hypex Ncore
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2016, 07:13 PM   #11491
bavmike is offline bavmike  Canada
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATDBERG View Post
Doesn't the above rather hammer home the point that it's not really a discussion about nCore?

The fact that nCore is on the end of the buffer is kind of irrelevent, doubly so if it's also considered that the choice of which buffer type to use is subjective anyway i.e. is chosen due to listener opinion rather than how it integrates with nCore.

I am guessing that this underlines the sceptic attitudes in response.
If the buffer makes the difference between people buying and enjoying the complete amp, then it's quite relevant. However it's obvious that the buffer without the Hypex bit's wouldn't make much of an amp.

Old 5th December 2016, 08:16 PM   #11492
NATDBERG is offline NATDBERG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavmike View Post
If the buffer makes the difference between people buying and enjoying the complete amp, then it's quite relevant. However it's obvious that the buffer without the Hypex bit's wouldn't make much of an amp.
I would argue that differences between people buying and enjoying a complete amp clearly comes under vendor bazaar, sales, marketing etc

NC500 is not available for DIYers sadly... not to say that it can't be discussed at all, just that there are few relevent aspects of it that apply to this thread.

Can we get them as a group buy or has that already been discussed and dismissed elsewhere? Are they really 80 ish modules? Can I apply to get some for a "potential product" but then fail to develop past the prototype stage and still keep them? How does this work?

Old 5th December 2016, 08:54 PM   #11493
pieter t is offline pieter t  Netherlands
Account disabled at member's request

I expect that agreements between Hypex and OEM customers would not allow selling NC500 boards to DIY customers.
The only way to DIY with NC500 is buying ready made amps like Colin's, that's why the price of NC400 boards is a bit frustrating apart from the fact that it does not allow to try different input stages.

Last edited by pieter t; 5th December 2016 at 08:56 PM.

Old 5th December 2016, 09:21 PM   #11494
TNT is online now TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavmike View Post
I had no idea NC-500 based amps weren't available to DIYer's. Do any of the manufacturers of NC-500 based amp have a policy to not sell to anyone in the DIY community? Do you have this policy Colin?
What do you mean? Single, bare units? Did you read your NDA / contract?

Appalling ignorance. And you claim you are in the game?

//

Old 5th December 2016, 10:09 PM   #11495
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

Overpriced gear != quality gear per definition.

Old 5th December 2016, 11:25 PM   #11496
Boggit is offline Boggit
diyAudio Member

One more thing, if any good natured DIY folks could use a case I have a few I had in to evaluate your welcome to them FOC ill even post free in the UK. Just PM me and ill let you know what I have.

Old 6th December 2016, 06:42 PM   #11497
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Hypex Ncore

After much deliberation the decision has been made to close this thread.

To those parties selling product or services... you should be posting in either the Vendors Bazaar area of the forum or better still you should take out a paid subscription for your own forum in the commercial area of the site. Doing so would give you total control over that area.

Closed Thread

Hypex NcoreHide this!Advertise here!