Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCORE vs F5 vs Aleph J vs Accuphase A-60. now this is becoming interesting... if everyone owning the NCORE had some UCD's at hand to compare to, it would be just perfect.

I thought several posters have already directly compared the Ncore to the UcD and judged the former to be superior. Do you have UcD's and just want to post they don't think the upgrade is worth it? ;)

Last edited:
@earflappin:
yes, I have UCD's. the price of a completed NCORE implementation exceeding EUR 1000, I don't feel exactly like jumping in just so that I get a bit more of what the UCD is offering and a nicer case. I want A LOT more than what the UCD is offering.
yes, several posters compared and mostly said "wow, incredible" (pretty predictable). and one said "not exactly a wow type of difference". I don't see how more reports would hurt. now maybe you would you be disappointed if someone confirmed that the difference is not that great?

Robbbby

More reason to stick with XLR sockets on your precious NCore amps if you lend them out.....imagine by accident your 'friend' connects his pre to power RCA to the power amp with everything switched on and that live pin on the phono plug hits before the return!!! OW! XLR's stop this happening.

A pair of Viablue leads is about $200 Canadian shipped from Europe, have a look on their website and see who they sell through in Canada. Or make up a pair of 'loan out' adapter leads for much less. Parts ConneXion - The authority on hi-fi DIY parts and components are very good and they are in your backyard.

Good luck with the NCores

Fair enough. Wish I didn't order those cardas rca jacks now.

@earflappin:
yes, I have UCD's. the price of a completed NCORE implementation exceeding EUR 1000, I don't feel exactly like jumping in just so that I get a bit more of what the UCD is offering and a nicer case. I want A LOT more than what the UCD is offering.
yes, several posters compared and mostly said "wow, incredible" (pretty predictable). and one said "not exactly a wow type of difference". I don't see how more reports would hurt. now maybe you would you be disappointed if someone confirmed that the difference is not that great?

I think the way personal taste and the accuracy of the rest of one's system/room interplay when people form subjective opinions about the sound quality of an amplifier that it is very difficult to act on posted reviews. Too bad you can't borrow an Ncore to listen to in your own system.

Check our webshop Hypex Electronics B.V. Webshop, there is written quite clear there is no stock and next batch is available wk11. This is in week March 12 to 16th.

I realize there is currently no stock. My question was simply to find out if the next batch has sold out yet. I placed an order saturday and just wanted to make sure I ordered in time to receive my 2 ncores from batch 3.
Thanks

I realize there is currently no stock. My question was simply to find out if the next batch has sold out yet. I placed an order saturday and just wanted to make sure I ordered in time to receive my 2 ncores from batch 3.
Thanks

Don't worry your order will be delivered for sure in wk11. Sales are going very well, but we're not yet sold out with wk11 batch....:rolleyes:

... it works like a dream, and there is absolutely NO noise even with close to 120 dB / 2.83 V efficient speakers!

1. I believe you.
2. That is (close to) unbelievable.

I presume you mean at the listening seat several feet from the speakers, not standing close to the speakers? Or both?

Either way: amazing performance.

I pity anyone competing with Bruno in high-end audio power amplifiers.

I likely not go to this trouble, but just to know before pulling the trigger. I need three channels for 3.1 music system via pure analog Trinaural Processor: 3x Hypex SMPS600 power supplies cost about $705 USD + shipping (need #600 because speakers drop to 2.7 Ohms).

What is estimated parts cost for one linear power supply with same current capacity as 3x Hypex #600?

Bruno

Was the published measurement data done with some like this? Audio Precision : High Performance Audio Analyzer & Audio Test Instruments Will you tell us what you use?
that's where the "Ap" watermark on the performance plots comes from.

@earflappin
sooner or later I'll get the NCORE, even if only for a better looking case and better implementation (case layout, balanced inputs etc). I'm sure the NCORE is better than the UCD, never doubted that for a second, it's only that I'm not convinced exactly in which way.

Status
Not open for further replies.