ICEpower 50asx2 modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
That's why ICEpower recommend an input buffer before the ASX2 module I guess.

I have tested all of the ASX2 modules, and they are very nice, especially considering they are plug-and-play, don't need extra cooling, and they are quite inexpensive.... if you can get them. I still have a few 125ASX2 lying around.

Thanks for the answers

will use 50axs for bass driver in 2.5way

I'am still not shure how to transfer it from stereo to BTL

here is the graph for BTL

icepowerBTL.jpg

So to make this amp to work in BTL mode I have to have ;

- balanced XLR input ?
- speaker are connected on Ch2 output ?

and one thing that is not mention nowhere ;
I have to disorder some jumper on PCB (sorry don't have the picture of the amp right now, but will post it tomorrow) that transform amp from 2x50W to 1X170W ?

Last edited:
Yoke -

You need a phase inverter, something second nature for us old guys who are familiar with tubes. If you had a balanced input, you already have an inverted phase, but if you are doing single ended inputs, you'll want to build one. I built one from a dual op-amp. The input signal goes to the non-inverting input of one amp, and the inverting input of the other amp. I've got the amps setup for a gain of 2. so one amp output goes to channel input 1 and the other amp output goes to channel input 2 on the ICEPower amp.

Stokessd - it's a little difficult for me to track your words, mi mind is more like in off state, but I think I understand it.(it's bean a while sin I play with diy stuff ;))

so;

- I have digital crossover DCX2496 which have balanced outputs
so I don't nead phase inverter, right ;) ?

here is some pictures of 50asx2

DSC09101.jpg

and here is the bottom of PCB

there is some jumper for SE i BTL mode, which I have to disorder as I drow in second picture , right ?

btl.jpg

btl2.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I dont think you can rewire a 50ASX2 stereo to become a BTL. The BTL module is missing som parts compared to the stereo module, at least there is only one output choke.

What you can do is to feed them balanced signal from you DCX, connect speaker to both "hot" outputs, and hope for the best. It will work, but if its any good I cant tell.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I dont think you can rewire a 50ASX2 stereo to become a BTL. The BTL module is missing some parts compared to the stereo module, at least there is only one output choke. I know, because I have one BTL module.

What you can do is to feed them balanced signal from you DCX, connect speaker to both "hot" outputs, and hope for the best. It will work, but if its any good I cant tell.

Small info,
just got replay from ICEpower that stereo version can't be transfer to BTL mode.
Thay say that they are two diferent versions from factory and modification can't be done.

The info come from icepowerinfo (at) bang-olufsen (dot)dk

Last edited:
50asx2

Hello,
I have a ICEpower 50asx2 module, SE edition (2x50W) and I found something interesting concerning the sound. I want to know if this is a problem or a normal behavior?
I connect the IN connector of the module either directly to the laptop output or a audio mixer (Phonic AM220) master output. When I move the balance to L or R, I get more bass on one or the other speaker. If I put the balance to middle position (normal), the sound loose some bass. Is this normal? Do I have to make different connections on input of the module? I think it's a simple analog input with L, R and common ground.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.