DIY boombox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey! I'm new to this forum. Ive been searching info about my boombox build and many link to threads on this forum. AND people seem to know what they're talking about. SO before I make my order for some speakers I thought I should ask people here if what I have should be good.

I have been following the podzuma build but I want it to be smaller and just 2 mids/woofers and 2 tweeters. I choose these because the tweeters are the same as the podzuma and the woofers had a high sensitivity. I would prefer some black tweeters, but thats okay. It will be powered by the Dayton t-amp

Is this a good Idea? I want it for portability and good sound at high volumes.

This is the amp
Dayton Audio DTA-2 Class T Digital Audio Amplifier Module

2 of these mids
Dayton Audio PA165-8 6" PA Driver

and these
Pyle Pro PDBT18 Bullet Horn Tweeter Pair

I dont want to spend any more on the speakers, are these the best choice for the build?

I have alright woodworking skills, and basic speaker wiring knowledge. I have no Idea how to make a crossover. Although I can solder, I just don't know how to make one, and what determines how it should be made. and I will probably make it ported if there is enough volume in the boombox.

So I guess what I'm asking is whether this is a good choice of drivers, or are there better ones for the same price?

Thanks!

Hey,
I can see no one has replied you yet... Have you dropped the project? If you are still on it, stick with first order cross-over for Tripath Amps as they don't really like much complex loads...

I could help you with the crossover and porting, if you can let me know the kind of dimension that is in your mind... Why the Dayton driver by the way? You want it as loud as possible?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.