Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

About Sure Tripath amplifier 4*100W
About Sure Tripath amplifier 4*100W
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2011, 03:35 PM   #1
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Angry About Sure Tripath amplifier 4*100W

This amplifier has two input systems - terminals RCA and TERMINAL BLOCK. I was surprised when I bought two units and was set up in cabinet.
The TERMINAL BLOCK did not work and asked for tech support for Sure what happened. After asking me many resolved measurements and photographs tell the truth, saying that the TERMINAL BLOCK is disabled.

See email from kate.zhou@sure-electronics.com:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message, first, we apologize for the inconvenience we bring to you. At first, the TERMINAL BLOCK for the the amplifier could work. However, when we updated the amplifier, the technique team have disabled the fundtion of TERMINAL BLOCK."

So for 4*100w ampilifer we are selling right now, the TERMINAL BLOCK could not work. But still advertising as an advantage to have multiple entries.

Has anyone had this problem and already soldered pins RCA to TERMINAL BLOCKS?

Thanks
Old 26th February 2011, 02:06 AM   #2
OracleGuy is offline OracleGuy  United States
diyAudio Member

Hmmm I'll check mine... I've got it running a front l&r and using a jumper to try and drive 2 voice coils... I thought something was wrong but haven't checked the outputs with a voltmeter... But I'll do that soon....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
Old 26th February 2011, 01:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ok yep... the terminal blocks are disabled

Old 26th February 2011, 08:44 PM   #4
lsiberian is offline lsiberian  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustoriodosul View Post
This amplifier has two input systems - terminals RCA and TERMINAL BLOCK. I was surprised when I bought two units and was set up in cabinet.
The TERMINAL BLOCK did not work and asked for tech support for Sure what happened. After asking me many resolved measurements and photographs tell the truth, saying that the TERMINAL BLOCK is disabled.

See email from kate.zhou@sure-electronics.com:

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message, first, we apologize for the inconvenience we bring to you. At first, the TERMINAL BLOCK for the the amplifier could work. However, when we updated the amplifier, the technique team have disabled the fundtion of TERMINAL BLOCK."

So for 4*100w ampilifer we are selling right now, the TERMINAL BLOCK could not work. But still advertising as an advantage to have multiple entries.

Has anyone had this problem and already soldered pins RCA to TERMINAL BLOCKS?

Thanks
What are there terminal blocks?
Old 26th February 2011, 11:40 PM   #5
killa12222 is offline killa12222  Australia
diyAudio Member

hmm mine are working. i bought my amp from pe sometime last year.
Old 27th February 2011, 03:16 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I got mine in the last week from pe

Ordered 2 of them... So far I'm glad I did

Old 28th February 2011, 09:48 PM   #7
augustoriodosul is offline augustoriodosul  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Hello guys,

The Sure chinese company makes a good amplifier , Trypath, some mods already done, further improving.

Terminal blocks are sets of RCA inputs for alternatives for when someone wants to mount the amplifier in a cabinet does not need to use two sets of RCA. Then use just wires screwed to the "TERMINAL BLOCKS. " This facilitates assembly. Sure it happens that these disabled terminal block and now have to solder the wires of the external inputs RCA.

Just can not understand why Sure did. Who wants to see the amplifier is in this link:
4*100w TK2050 Tripath Audio Amplifier + 27V 13A 351W MW Power Supply FREE SHIPPING(AA-AB33182 + PT-IP012)_Audio Amplifier Boards_Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_Audio, Video Equipments_Sure Electronics' Webstore

Thank you.

About Sure Tripath amplifier 4*100WHide this!Advertise here!