TA2024 found a new home (read: case)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently, in the box with my unfinished electronic projects, I found two TA2024 boards that I have purchased from Arjen few years back. They were just collecting dust so I have decided to put them in a new case. Found nice vintage looking case (NOS) on Ebay and after two evenings the TA2024 board found a new home. Here are the results:

front
back
inside 1
inside 2

There is nothing to compare how small the case is but the TA2024 barely misses some of the sockets. I had to put the speaker terminals a bit higher or otherwise, due to their length, they would hit the board.

Right now the amp is playing at my father's house as he liked the small dimensions. Connected to small bookshelf Mission speakers it sounds nice, but according to my father, lacks a bit on the low end. Though a correction has to be made since my father likes to listen to the music with over saturated bass.

Last edited:
Very nice maurycy - I'm trying to do something similar with the following components - can you help me out with how you made your indicator lamp and volume connections? I'm using the following components with the TA2024:

Volume:
50K Audio Taper Stereo Potentiometer 1/4" Shaft (Part Number: 023-650)

On/Off:
SPST Heavy Duty Toggle Switch (Part Number: 060-370)
SPST Heavy Duty Toggle Switch 060-370

Power Indicator:
12V Green Indicator Lamp (Part Number: 070-074)
12V Green Indicator Lamp 070-074

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.