Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

D200 have Feature to adjust switching frequency and 74HCxxx logic

I dont know, its audible to change CD4049 with 74HCxxxx series

some people using CD4070

you can add, if you like design new PCB

chekc the schematics and you can add small improvements to D4K5 if you like design new PCB

Core material?

sir mile here's another try of D200.2 with T130-2 core material with 62 turns of AWG#16 magnetic wire (only available wire) but same problem occured please advice
the PSU used was capable of 1KW +/-70VDC
the AMP DC out was too high when amp reaches 20VAC and up on output.

regards

Attachments

• 0IMG_6905.jpg
    0IMG_6905.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_6897.JPG
    IMG_6897.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_6904.JPG
    IMG_6904.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 948
when people no have conversation and not get reply its not good

In todays time for High Power Discret Class D not easy get help, people make secrets

5 to 8 years ago it wasnt a problem

Chip amps Class D TPAxxxx very popular

hi there sir,

to me i considered myself too late to make this amp so its difficult to ask some help, regarding your question on resistor loading. YES i tried both ways even tried to replace those IC's and trannies but same problem.
there was always a big cracking sound and big DC offset that strikes at higher volume. i even tried T130-2 but same problem.
i had work at the other town several weeks so i haven't replied.

Attachments

• 20190618_175447.jpg
    20190618_175447.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 838
  • 20190618_175423.jpg
    20190618_175423.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 756
  • 20190618_175407.jpg
    20190618_175407.jpg
    834.4 KB · Views: 228
Sir, I've been quite busy in the past weeks and now I started looking with more interest to the D4K5 amplifier. Do you have any advice for the core? Possibly one that could replace the T157-2 used in the video and that could be found on mouser or digikey, so the shipping doesn't cost me as much as a complete amplifier :D.
BTW thank you for other advices, I didn't notice them

Hi everyone , finally got around in making an APEX d200.1 board,and reading other peoples problems and taking note of helpfull info without trying to ask the same questions. ...................its alive ............output is at 240khz and idling at 10mv with supply of +/-45 vdc.It helped me understand CLASS D alot L.O.L. it looks abit untidy. Going to clean it up and post a photo in the sence of D.I.Y. later this week

Air gap was made using a fat mica insulator,i haven't a micrometer:(

Hello thimios.
Can you give me please more information about this inductor?
I have a lot of this ETD29 cores, N87 and 3C90 and because since that i have no one -2 material ring core then it would be great if I could try my first class D with this ferrite core.

Which is wire diameter and how many turns?

sir mile here's another try of D200.2 with T130-2 core material with 62 turns of AWG#16 magnetic wire (only available wire) but same problem occured please advice
the PSU used was capable of 1KW +/-70VDC
the AMP DC out was too high when amp reaches 20VAC and up on output.

regards

hi there

have you checked your 12 volt source for 2110 .try using tip 41,mje13005,c5027 or similar bjt instead of 640n....

regards

..can you share your Target-files?

Thank you.

1. nobody share Gerber Files for order PCB online

Last week I was off had much time,....this is the reason I have spend time to make new D200 PCB with much SMD components

have a look @ PCB before I will finished

have add Load resistor and flyback diodes MUR460 from output to + / - rail if the amp clips

2. APEX add some extension in D200 schematic red marked,

additional NPN resistor, capacitor and negative - 5V

does somebody add and test it ?

I cant fine any DIY Members report, who have build D200 with this extension

long time no see mr miles, there is alot of people problem here when playing with switching amp, mostly big trouble is output inductor, no meter... means you are in trouble, wrong core, unknown material etc... no scope to see what freq you are running with, signal etc.. when you change fets, you need to see all of fet details, dv/dt, rds on, ns nc and so on, all of that will cause your circuit may change depends on what mosfet ur using, this class D is really not for beginner, mr miles contribute alot of time so we thanks to him. i made this amp since 2012, i made 3 of them, none of mine got problem until now, works well, we need equipment for class D amp, its not like another class you are not playing with switching..

best regards to all of you, stay at home, stay away from corona.

long time no see mr miles, there is alot of people problem here when playing with switching amp, mostly big trouble is output inductor, no meter... means you are in trouble, wrong core, unknown material etc... no scope to see what freq you are running with, signal etc.. when you change fets, you need to see all of fet details, dv/dt, rds on, ns nc and so on, all of that will cause your circuit may change depends on what mosfet ur using, this class D is really not for beginner, mr miles contribute alot of time so we thanks to him. i made this amp since 2012, i made 3 of them, none of mine got problem until now, works well, we need equipment for class D amp, its not like another class you are not playing with switching..

best regards to all of you, stay at home, stay away from corona.

hi norazmi , long time . welcome back ;)