Class D Amp with LM566, LM393 and 2XIRF530

Simple 25W class D amp from 'Practical Electronic' Magazine.

Attachments

• class D amp.JPG
    class D amp.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 17,728
  • Class D.JPG
    Class D.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 17,533
  • class D pcb.JPG
    class D pcb.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 16,625
The schematic looks just slightly under average, but PCB layout is terrible.

There are better ways to do it with these parts (and TL07x op-amp triangle generator and LM319 comparator, standard stuff).

One of the things I have in mind is making a simple DIY-friendly class D module with through hole parts (except a few SMD caps) and a "DIY friendly" double sided PCB (no tracks on top layer, just continuous ground plane), and find out how good can I get it.

Last edited:
One of the things I have in mind is making a simple DIY-friendly class D module with through hole parts (except a few SMD caps) and a "DIY friendly" double sided PCB (no tracks on top layer, just continuous ground plane), and find out how good can I get it.

I'll be waiting with interest on this. My PCB done in this manner is already doing fine and has a very large number of SMD parts - zero. :D But innovative stuff such as better gate drivers will be appreciated.

I did a similar project using a TL082 triangle wave generator, LM319 comparator, XOR gates phass splitter and IR2113 mosfet driver.
I didnt use any feedback at all yet it sounded great.

The only minor problem I found was I needed to null the DC offset using a pot or i got low level hum. Must have been an inaccuracy somewhere in the line.

Feedback is only for DC servo on this amp.