T-amp threads should be transferred to chip amp forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can't we have a sub forum for all the so called T-amps[T stands for tranny or something else], because quality discussion for class-D is diluted by such chip amp threads or transfer them to chip amp section for chip lovers:D

Every time i gaze at Class-D forum, i can only saw some freaky frenzy crap amp brought from e-bay's junkyard:eek: and people posts their glittering reviews like some FTV papparazzi is highlighting a model on ramp:rolleyes:

All T-amps are >> CHIP AMPS :D........Tripath plagued the consumer market with modified version of class-d amps in a black bug with many legs whome we call chips with exotic names and went bankrupt and ebays are now littered with T-amps for everyone to buy.

I think we have dedicated forum for lovers of chip amps exclusively why to pollute this class-D forum with threads related to chip amps and diluting the mainstream discussion which was meant for advanced class-d implementations.:)

chipamps are understood by most as linear analogue amplifiers in a chip.

T amps are a form of switching amp that belongs in the switching section.

Ask for a lower quality sub-Forum within ClassD if it irks you that much.
Or ask for a ClassT sub-Forum within the Digital section.

The Class-D forum should have a quality disscussion excluding chip amps

Does this proposal include all single chip class-d solutions?

TI?
NXP?
????

I agree there are way too many "T-amp mod" threads, but I don't see the point of excluding a solution just because it's beneath your skill level.

There has already been a thread about this anyway. :rolleyes:

T-amps are the most which have threads based on them, other brand of chip amps should also be included.

chipamps are understood by most as linear analogue amplifiers in a chip.

T amps are a form of switching amp that belongs in the switching section.

Ask for a lower quality sub-Forum within ClassD if it irks you that much.
Or ask for a ClassT sub-Forum within the Digital section.

Any amplifier say class-ab/h/t/d which comes in a chip form is a chip amp;)

Thanxz for suggestion, i agree with you either they should be transferred to some sub section or another sub forum.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well you could be right. The Class-D forum was brand new when I joined.
Tripath amps are chip amps, for sure. But I'm not sure the chip amp fans want the class-d chips over on their side. :)

Anyway this is the right place for all class-d because much of it shares common features.
Good place for those who wish to go on to more complicated designs to get a start. Or just be happy with the chips.

"Yes, it would make the master chefs very happy if the 5-minute meal crowd stayed out of their kitchen. "

I'm just beating the behive with a stick, enjoying all the buzzing. If the bees start swarming I'll go jump in the lake!

Last edited:
Well you could be right. The Class-D forum was brand new when I joined.
Tripath amps are chip amps, for sure. But I'm not sure the chip amp fans want the class-d chips over on their side. :)

Anyway this is the right place for all class-d because much of it shares common features.
Good place for those who wish to go on to more complicated designs to get a start. Or just be happy with the chips.

Cant we have a seperate section for advanced class-D discussion in main class-D forum, it will not do anything to chip amps also. Its just that many valuable threads vanish when loads of t-amp thread surface on the main window.:)

Its not a problem for moderation team, but its a problem for those who are interested more into non chip amp technical discussions, because threads vanish and decorum ceases.:)

Oh, please, like you can't follow a thread if you have to scroll to second page? If that's the case, there's the subscribe button.

Class T amps, or Tripath amps, aren't all strictly chip amps in the sense that it contains output transitors. Many are driver chips, and even chip sets. So by that definition should all class D amps that include integrated circuits of any kind also be moved? Furthermore, while we're at it why not move all threads about modules and modifications as well, like those on UcD, IcePower etc etc.

Then you can have your 3 thread forum all to yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.