UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

Hello,

Does somebody have circuit description ?

How about Short Circuit - Over Current Protection and turn On Delay / Fast off for speakers in this Design ? otherwise I can use relay for turn On Delay / Fast off for speakers

1250W without Short Circuit and Over Current Protection in catastrophic user failure makes a good firework.

does this design working with heavy 2 OHM loads too?

Im interested to make DIY Stereo/2 Channel PCB boards 220 x 80 mm from this Class D Design

including Balanced XLR IN and Triac Crowbar DC Protection for HI-FI or PA

Any idea or comments are welcome

regards

Last edited:
As a sidenote, the amp is of the self oscillating class D type, based on the UCD technology and the associated patent, so, the amp itself is just for personal use. No commercial use is allowed for it

Really?

I read on NXP website that UCD use for commercial use was ok as long as NXP power MOSFET were used.

From what I see here, there are still some commercial use with MOSFET from competition?

Really?

I read on NXP website that UCD use for commercial use was ok as long as NXP power MOSFET were used.

From what I see here, there are still some commercial use with MOSFET from competition?

Can you please provide a link to the NXP site with this info?
I think it was in this way as you said while Bruno had worked for Philips. Now he is at Hypex and owns UCD patent exclusively, as I heard...

hi diyers
greetings can someone please translate this so i can register
in this diy forumest de suficienciaHalle RT en Ω, RT = 2.7kΩ || 4050Ω (tips: || = Paralelo, Ingrese solo el valo
want to read pages of this amplifier in this diy forum tried to register many
times but cannot understand this part hoping some one can help out

thanking you
andrew lebon

hi eduardo tagle
greetings sorry for all the confusion of posting your schematic
is it possible to make this lovely amplifier with schematic posted in full file
1 half watt 1% resistors very difficult to obtain can correct values of normal 5%
resitors be used same is case for 330pf mica have 1000volt ceramic 330pf
will amp work
2 is pcb single or double sided can understand bottom layer of pcb but cannot
understand in file is small ic pads component pads what r they for
hoping you can help to make this amplifier possible
thanking you
andrew lebon

Nice amplifier i can tell from the simplicity in the design as well as the component selection.

Its about time someone posted a truly simple DIY self osc amplifier the output power is just what i was looking for my home sub-woofer :)

honestly i don't have the equipment or the time to gain knowledge designing amplifiers in this category, simulations was the the further est vie came but intuitive non the less :)

Current limiting is still missing but a good exercise on behave of the person adapting the amplifier for hes or hers application, seriously how lazy can one get unless you ripping someone else work and selling it which i feel is already taking place judging from the silly questions.

i think i can build a new looking smd version of this with even smaller components and a nice pcb for my personal usage :) :cool:

A big thank you to the designer! good principle keeping it simple ;)

i think i can build a new looking smd version of this with even smaller components and a nice pcb for my personal usage :) :cool:

A big thank you to the designer! good principle keeping it simple ;)

Hello Reactance,

I want to design a SMD version too...
I will post it on this thread as soon as it's done.
please post yours when is donne because I want to see how you aproach this issue.
Class D pcb layouts give me headakes and I want to study others people work to see where I am goin wrong.

Best regards,

Savu Silviu