New TK2050 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i certainly shall be playing with different configurations and surplys once i get past that "lets quickly hook it up and see what it sounds like" urge:D
thanks to everyone for all there help in this matter ,im looking forward to trying them out.
just one quick question,as i need to split my xover before i can power each driver will the stereo boards be ok if im just using one channel from each in the short term?
smithie

just one quick question,as i need to split my xover before i can power each driver will the stereo boards be ok if im just using one channel from each in the short term?
smithie

In that case, it's best if you "null" the unused channel. Connect the unused channel's inputs to input ground, and then you'll probably want a resistor across the unused output. I don't know what value is best - probably 1K to 20K or something, and just a normal 1 or 2W resistor.

well has i have alittle time till my stuff arrives i think ill make my crossovers so they can accept the two channels,its got to be done at some point so nows as good as any,thanks kristleifur for the tips on the amp if i was running 1 channel,but it sounds less hassle if i just sort the crossover:D
once again many thanks guys
smithie

i also couldnt resist those other power surply to try...just incase,as there so cheap,im always playing so im sure ill find a use for it...if anyone else is intrested

24V dc, IP67, 60W(2.5A) Meanwell Power Supply CLG-60-24 - eBay (item 110601163632 end time Nov-19-10 12:07:34 PST)
A 24V 2.5A smps is surely not the best choice, however I think that it could work quite well.
I still have to do some measurements, but for the *average* current absorption of the TK2050, 2.5A could be right.
Current absorption over 2.5A (max 4A for 100W) should happen only during peak demand, and the onboard capacitor should do the job.
Please do some test with both the power supplies and keep us informed.
I have to do some current absorption test on my T2 board...
Bye!

Any recommendations on which Toroidal to use for this?

Could I use something like this:
150W 22-0-22V+12V Ultra-Thin Toroid Power Transformer - eBay (item 300483038394 end time Nov-18-10 08:03:50 PST)

Are there any disadvantages or risks to going this route?
the one you link has two secondaries and an additional 12V voltage. You only need one secondary, and unless you need the 12V additional voltage for something else, you can avoid. A single 21 or 22V toroidal is ok.
I would take more than 150VA. At least 250VA.

My personal belief is that a regulated SMPS is even better for these amps.
The meanwell offers 350W for same or less money.
If size matters, you can look at this.

You might want to check with the seller about the maximum amperage of each secondary before you buy. "150 watts" could refer to the combined output of both secondaries together instead of just one secondary, so you might not be getting as much power as you think (i.e., only 75 watts).

As Alkasar points out, the new Connex power supply might be a better choice if size is a concern. It's only slightly more expensive than the transformer you linked to, but it provides a lot more power and is smaller. :rolleyes:

Hi hifimediy,

I just saw that the website was updated, with a schematic for T1, great !
But then I see that Rfbb/Rfbc is 1k/9.1k, why ? This is optimum around 20Vcc, and I thought this board was rather optimized for a 30V supply…
Again on the feedback circuit : you use 390pF for one channel and 150pF for the other one ?! Isn't the second one a bit too low ? What idle frequency do you get with that value ?
And about the output filter : you use the smaller (than on the datasheet) 11uH coil, that's OK, but you don't compensate with a bigger capacitor like on T2 : you keep it 0.22uF on T1, while you put 0.47uF on T2. Do you think it will be enough to avoid beginning picking low-end switching noise ?

In the end, I find that T1 has strange component choices compared to T2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.