Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Got my Parts-Express DTA-100 Amp Today
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2010, 09:50 PM   #11
dantheman is offline dantheman  United States
diyAudio Member

What a shame. Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.

Dan
Old 6th July 2010, 11:55 PM   #12
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yeah, Ive seen and done plenty of rework in my time, but that is just nasty. Not that big a change, either.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:02 PM   #13
brookbh is offline brookbh  United States
diyAudio Member

I am experiencing the same imbalance between my L and R channels at low volumes with Dayton APA150. I know its a different amp and all, but the build quality is probably on the same playing field as the DTA100.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:10 PM   #14
tb2496 is offline tb2496  Canada
diyAudio Member

hmmm, so its pretty much pointless to send it back for exchange. its either return it or mod it with better components.

anyone know where one can buy a better quality pot?
Old 11th July 2010, 07:17 PM   #15
J.R.Freeman is offline J.R.Freeman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb2496 View Post
anyone know where one can buy a better quality pot?
British Columbia - talk to some of the college kids. Just kidding, check out Digi-Key. They have quite the selection.

Jim
Old 9th August 2010, 07:14 AM   #16
hasaudio.co.nz is offline hasaudio.co.nz  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

received one of these as a sample. Volume pot really is trash. Had a major imbalance between channels and the crackling sound as the volume increases/decreases isnt a good sign either. Apart from that, its quite good. Will get manufacturer to utilize a better quality volume pot in this amp.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:54 AM   #17
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sure Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasaudio.co.nz View Post
received one of these as a sample. Volume pot really is trash. Had a major imbalance between channels and the crackling sound as the volume increases/decreases isnt a good sign either. Apart from that, its quite good. Will get manufacturer to utilize a better quality volume pot in this amp.
The new amps that Parts Express is selling from Sure will be much better to choose from.
Sure Electronics - DIY Projects, Amplifier Kits, Class D Audio Amplifier Boards, Power Supplies - Offered at Parts-express.com
You can also buy these from their sight in China.
Audio Amplifier and other Audio Boards_RF and Audio, Video Equipments_Sure Electronics' Webstore
Old 14th August 2010, 09:17 PM   #18
pharoahra is offline pharoahra  United States
diyAudio Member

is the dayton possibly going to get better?its no longer listed as a dta-100,its now listed as the dta-100a.
Old 26th August 2010, 07:41 AM   #19
hasaudio.co.nz is offline hasaudio.co.nz  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Imbalance in very bad at any volume level. Volume pots are usually the cause at low levels? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:56 AM   #20
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default new pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasaudio.co.nz View Post
Imbalance in very bad at any volume level. Volume pots are usually the cause at low levels? Any help would be appreciated.
Try a different pot or wire the input to by-pass the pot and use a pre amp or digital volume control to hear if it is then balanced. Measure the dc offset between each pair of speaker terminals to see if the output chips are still ok. I don't have one of these amps so I'm not sure of the circuit that they are using but I haven't read anything good about them. Maybe Parts Express will just give you a store credit for a refund without having to ship the amp back. Then you could buy one of the amps from Sure that they sell or, one of the ebay amps from hifimediy which are much better.

Got my Parts-Express DTA-100 Amp TodayHide this!Advertise here!