explaining class d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i would like to get into building/repairing my own amps

i mainly have alot of car audio amplifiers

orion 2500d', sundown 3000d's, etc. nice car audio amplifiers

could you guys post up some pics/tutorials pointing out which parts are what, what they do and just some general knowledge of the parts.

you don't have to be very specific, just basic knowledge that could help me get my feet off the ground on learning what you guys do and how.

also, could you give me a list of the terms you guys are using on the site.

for example: lpf=low pass filter, x/o= crossover, etc.

here is a pic of a sundown 4500D (similar to my 3000d's just bigger)

go crazy on circling parts and telling what everything is

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

thanks in advance

that is a sundown 4500D. i don't have one yet since they haven't even been released yet but it is similar to my sundown audio 3000d's.

i don't need it repaired, all of my amps work fine.

i would just like to further my knowledge so that if the problem ever does arise that one of my amps needs repair, i can fix it myself.

LUKA, could you circle the fets on the board. i am looking for someone to give me a quick rundown of what all the parts are, what they do, and what makes certain models better than others.

thanks

tell me all about the parts circled

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

ok, so something like this

Red: input fets, i'd say 2 per trafo winding, so about 32 fets for that
Blue: smps control board, input protection and sensing, on the right of it, you have secondary main caps, 8 of them
Dark green: are diods, they come after input fets, every time I see some amp.
Light green: output fets, fets for D amp, 2-4 per inductor, and this is probably half bridge(you can link it with another), so inductors are in parallel
Yellow: output LC filter, another L in series with output, relays,...
White: input circuit, subsonic, LPF,gain,... and on card there is control for amplifier section, you could say brains of this part of amp, like other board, that is brains for supply section

Attachments

• CIMG2025.jpg
    CIMG2025.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 199
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.