Sanyo/B&O Icepower 200AC Rev.D, schematic about rev. engin., not complete finished

Hi
Like mjjtus and kosty I also need the value of the capacitor in the photo. In my case its from a ICE power2000ASC version J module used in a Fishman SA220 system. In my case the capacitor has blown itself off the board yet remarkably the amplifier still works. It looks as if it may be part of a snubber network for the power transformer so I'm reluctant to run it like this. Any information would be gratefully received. Thanks. John

Hi !

I'm looking for the same information as James.
My yellow capacitor is blown and needs to be replaced.
Anyone knows what value this cap has ?

The board is an Icepower 200ASC Rev. F.

Many thanks !

Hi All

I'm also looking to replace the same Cap, anyone find a part number/specs for this?

Much appreciated, need to master some tracks for a once a year festival gig in a couple of weeks and would be great to have my sub back!!

Cheers

Hugo

Hello
I have a failed Icepower 200ASC from a B&W ASW608 subwoofer.
It wont power on, no light. I checked both fuses, internal and external. The board looks great with no signs of damage. Are there common failings I can check?

My abilities are limited. Is there someone I can send it to for repair? It is too expensive to replace from B&W.
Thanks.

It is 100nF.
I had to remove it to measure the correct value.
Hope this helps.

Yes this helped me! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to actually remove the device and verify the value :) And especially appreciated because the one side pad is stitched to internal power plane...one big heatsink so a bastard to remove at the best of times.

It seems you can get smd 100n in 2220 package. X7R dielectric and 1KV. AVX make them. I used a 1KV leaded device (it's massive) because my curiosity was killing me and it was all that I had on hand. Incredibly, apart from o/c power supply fuse, no other damage at all.

Perhaps the deafening silence re this capacitor value is because you gave away a trade secret? :) My guess is this cap is the primary cause of failures in these modules. Sometimes mosfet is destroyed, also the 3 parallel series resistors, and possibly the controller and other peripheral devices, depending on how lucky / unlucky you are.

I have 4 of them, all defective.
Found all of the small electrolytics out of spec, some really bad.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply - it was a rather strange affair. I eventually ended up replacing the entire module. The failure was sort of intermittent - I disconnected the speaker cones and turned on the device - I could hear "crackling" electricity - which subsided after a minute or two. I then connected the speakers - and everything was fine. Even days after. But after being out of use for a long time - the problem came back. I will check the caps values, i actually measured ESR on the high voltage side, they were fine. So the small SMD caps?

Thanks for replying

I have 4 of them, all defective.
Found all of the small electrolytics out of spec, some really bad.
Hope this helps.
Electrolytics with small voltage value below 25VDC (like 16VDC on this PCB - go to the images under
ICEpower 200AC Class D Audio Amplifier Module 1 x 200W)
have always short life time particularly in SMPS and Class-D amplifier applications.
SMD versions additional haven't logo from manufacturer - i.e. extremly cheap and bad quality at the same time in most cases.
Good solution is the use of 63VDC versions and bypass foil type (e. g. WIMA MKS between 220nF and 470nF). Unfortunately on this PCB isn't enough space therefore.

Last edited:
thank you. Fig. 5 and 6 under
Bel Canto e.One S300iu integrated amplifier Measurements | Stereophile.com
doesn't looks good.
The diagrams show the distortion and noise waveform character with fundamental notched out.
Check out this at the Pass Aleph test reports and any tube amplifiers for compare and you will see, why sound impression with most class-D amps isn't really good.