Sanyo/B&O Icepower 200AC Rev.D, schematic about rev. engin., not complete finished

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I've tried some tube preamps with ICEpower amps... none of them worked well.

I cant agree at all with DVBjunky's impression of the 250ASX2's sound quality, but I think we might have very different preferences in how things should sound. I find that the 250ASX2 dont have good bass control, quite the opposite of DVBjunky.... The king of bass is the 1000ASP I think, although the ASX2 series is in my ears far better in the rest of the frequency range.

I've tried some tube preamps with ICEpower amps... none of them worked well.

I cant agree at all with DVBjunky's impression of the 250ASX2's sound quality, but I think we might have very different preferences in how things should sound. I find that the 250ASX2 dont have good bass control, quite the opposite of DVBjunky.... The king of bass is the 1000ASP I think, although the ASX2 series is in my ears far better in the rest of the frequency range.

Always starting like this and no result at the end. None could solving this.

dipoles dipoles dipoles dipoles dipoles dipoles dipoles dipoles and dipoles
9 stack dipoles was great, may reach 15dBi on free air. nevermind:)

Always starting like this and no result at the end. None could solving this.
One rule needs attention in generall for more exact results by sound check:
removing the preamp
To realize this desire I have create a special cynch (chinch- cinch) wire. At one end - to connect the source device like cd player - normal connectors. And at the other end large connector versions with integrated divider network resistors (e. g. 47k - 4k7). This connector is to fed the power amp from which I want to know, how the sonic character is.

Of course - it should be still noted, that I do not have CD players in use, where a tube output stage with high output resistance is in use. Otherwise there I get an unwanted low pass character and I also cannot say anything about the final result.

theAnonymous1: thanks for this list from post #15.

Hi,

I am to trying to repair one of these does anybody know the value of the surface mount capacitor in the picture

Many Thanks

James

Attachments

• 200asc.jpg
    200asc.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,152
some time ago I had make trobleshooting and repair by a ICEPOWER module from B&O. Therefore I must create a schematic, that was not available by the manufacturer. But the schematic was difficult to reconstuct, because the PCB use multilayer technology. So any connections are not to see and some other are unknown, where do they go (at whole four or five wires - I think).

Nevertheless this schematic could be of interest for one or the other.

Perhaps one of the members this can complete.
Any news in the meantime?
Are there work out possibilities for sound enhancing ?