NCD components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the process of rounding everything up to build an amp out of the newclassd modules. As of right now i'm going to use one transformer and one psu board instead of a duel mono setup (any objections?). Where is a good place to find a transformer and a case? I was also thinking about replacing the included psu caps thoughts?

The amp will eventually power 200watt max towers with a 89db sensitivity.

rootbeer said:
... newclassd modules. As of right now i'm going to use one transformer and one psu board instead of a duel mono setup (any objections?)
I was also thinking about replacing the included psu caps thoughts?

The amp will eventually power 200watt max towers with a 89db sensitivity.

How is your project coming along?

I have speakers that are similar to yours 88dB sensitivity, max 300W.

I built a single transformer + single PSU board setup re-using the case and transformer of my old classAB power amp, and I love it. One PSU is fine (if you want, you can wire one module "inverted" and the other normally; in that way big bass bumps in both speakers will draw off the opposite rails...but I just wired mine up normally, and never found any reason to change it.)

I would stick with the included caps for starters (you could take the 15000µF option), you can always change them later if you want They're big enough, mind you... I had to attach mine "lying down" to make them fit in the case. Mine are just the 10000µF ones.

Good luck with it.

/cdl

Attachments

• a_img_20070506_133150_eru_ixus_800is_pict_1813.jpg
    a_img_20070506_133150_eru_ixus_800is_pict_1813.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 231
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.