Integrated?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought the HTD level three tower's and have it powered with my Yamaha rx-v1400 receiver 110x7. Now they sound pretty good with this receiver but i of course need to get a quality amp. I'm looking into either the ICEpower (if i can find them) or the New Class D modules. Here's the problem. What goes into making a powered amp integrated? Or could i use my receiver as a preamp. The receiver is a nice unit but I'm still skeptical.

The term "integrated amplifier" generally means there is at the very minimum a volume control, but can also mean there is an entire "pre-amp" built in (i.e. source selection, muting, gain, balance, etc.).

It's really up to you to decide what features you need.

Do you have more than one source?

rootbeer said:
I just bought the HTD level three tower's and have it powered with my Yamaha rx-v1400 receiver 110x7. Now they sound pretty good with this receiver but i of course need to get a quality amp. I'm looking into either the ICEpower (if i can find them) or the New Class D modules. Here's the problem. What goes into making a powered amp integrated? Or could i use my receiver as a preamp. The receiver is a nice unit but I'm still skeptical.

As long as your Yamaha amplifier has pre-outs just connect it up to the inputs of a class-d amplifier such as the Hypex etc. Everything then is controlled by the Yamaha, no extra volume controls or anything else needed.

That's what I did with good success with my Denon amplifier. See my posting: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133639

Re: Re: Integrated?

cirrus18 said:

As long as your Yamaha amplifier has pre-outs just connect it up to the inputs of a class-d amplifier such as the Hypex etc. Everything then is controlled by the Yamaha, no extra volume controls or anything else needed.

That's what I did with good success with my Denon amplifier. See my posting: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133639

That's exactly what i want to do but im curious if the yammy will possibly impede the performance of the power amp. As for the first poster, i have an onix cd-88 and a dvd-player.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.