IRS2092 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just right... to make my own isn't that so :D

????????

That is just the shipping charge alone..... so one piece IR-1000 would be ~210USD.

I don't know, maybe that's still a good deal, especially if you buy more than one (even out the shipping charge).

I think I will go with some boards available locally though. I don't need 1000w @ 2R anyway.....

http://classdaudio.com/

I don't know... it doesn't seem to be that good anymore for 210$
I have my amp7 for much less, and it is 2x 900w into 2R... so my point here is, for about 150$ I get much stronger amp right @ home and I say that is way cheaper... I don't pay for somethig from USA and back again 160$ for shipping, so why is here so much??

I'm really wanting to build a class d amplifier but it's not working. I set up this scheme.

and it does not work, does anyone have any that works or could you give me a help thanks.

Did you copy exactly the iraudamp7 and pcb layout ?
The irs2092 is very fussy about pcb layout, decoupling and over current settings.
Are power supplies ok to the 2092 ?
Does it oscillate ?
Don't use it without a load as sometimes they can just sit with output at +17VDC ! or ring like mad and blow up output capacitor.

What's in pink I rode. To see if there is mosfets switching.

Also the photos of the tps that are marking in the scheme.

Attachments

• 20180928_164844.jpg
    20180928_164844.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 432
  • TP1.jpg
    TP1.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 394
  • TP2.jpg
    TP2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 379
  • TP3.jpg
    TP3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 320
  • TP4.jpg
    TP4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 313
  • TP5.jpg
    TP5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 64
Did you copy exactly the iraudamp7 and pcb layout ?
The irs2092 is very fussy about pcb layout, decoupling and over current settings.
Are power supplies ok to the 2092 ?
Does it oscillate ?
Don't use it without a load as sometimes they can just sit with output at +17VDC ! or ring like mad and blow up output capacitor.

I made a post with the part of the scheme that I set up to see if it works and so far the post was not. I'll cuddle a little and see if the post will go.

What's in pink I rode. To see if there is mosfets switching.

Also the photos of the tps that are marking in the scheme.

I realized with the circuit connected that the 35 + 35V fans will go to 49V when I put my finger on the audio input of the amplifier. should make the characteristic snore of 60hz plus he makes cracks in so many seconds. and do not have the pwm fixed on the gates of the mosfets.

Hi Hans

as i read in some posts the rule of output filter caps are:
minimum 4 X the power supply voltage --> better 10 X
i use 36V at my TPA3255 board and i use the TDK 250V
digikey: 495-4181-ND

at the input i tried:
nichicon muse 10µ bipolar 16V
nichicon ukz 10µ
elna silmic II 10µ 16V
open is to use some of the film caps wima and others

chris

Hi Hans

as i read in some posts the rule of output filter caps are:
minimum 4 X the power supply voltage --> better 10 X
i use 36V at my TPA3255 board and i use the TDK 250V
digikey: 495-4181-ND

at the input i tried:
nichicon muse 10µ bipolar 16V
nichicon ukz 10µ
elna silmic II 10µ 16V
open is to use some of the film caps wima and others

chris

Hi chermann

Thanks for your reply.

Your TDK is MKT too. I read about MKP are better.

Let me start new thread on this great IC...

I just received 5 samples of this IC....
Did anybody built amplifier with IRS2092?
Is reference design correct?Can it be used to build one or is there modified amplifier out there?

Regards

I designed some amplifiers using the 2092 a few years back.
It needs a bit of care getting power supply, gate driver circuit etc right.
Keep circuit tight together where possible.
Put decoupling close to IC and mosfets.

I can no longer get through hole parts now, only SMD devices are available locally to me.

I went a bit over the top with smoothing caps on my amps.
This resulted on power down a siren noise then a huge thump through the speaker. IR said my power supply was discharging too slowly.
So I came up with a little reset circuit that held 2092 in reset if VCC was below 10 volts.

Use T106-2 core with a dozen turns on it for output filter.
Mine barely got warm.

This product is designed in strict accordance with the high-fidelity line planning. The distortion is very low. Strong driving ability. Low frequency dive. Not turbid. The sound field is wide. The medium and high frequency is clear and natural. Rich in details.

It looks very compact with 2 amplifiers and a SMPS.
With such a great description who could resist !

hello guys

How can I look if the IRS2092 chip is broken?

I solderd some new caps and change VCC regulator for Step-Down. I plug the amp in and some cracy noise came out. Extremly loud. I change VCC back to linear but no funktionc. No PWM led. Amp consumes only 5W at 230V socket.

Some ideas?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.