NEW class D amp project started today

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A frind of mine (Dark_avenger) and i have strated a project

will be a 130mm cube

power is expected to be around the 125W rms x2 mark
uses TDA8920BTH IC's

will get into the project tomorrow will post photos of it all soon!!

will keep you all updated!

thanx Haydn

wow i totally forgot about this post. amp was almost complete, then i moved away :(

it is in a working state, not completed yet as the case isnt quite finished. it has an industrial look and packs quite a punch!!

i didnt actually buy the amp chips and build the board (as smd soldering is not an easy task) it was actually a salvage job.

it was out of a surround sound computer subwoofer system that someone i knew killed! it had a blown up power supply that had been seveerly over-volted (115v-230v switch got flicked and it was a switching power supply so it was a throw away job) so we decided to make something of the working amplifier mudule. great for parties lol looks great!.

i will have source some pics of it.

i kno it isnt "true DIY" as i didnt biuld the amplifier module myself, but it is DIY in the respect as i made it my own.

so sorry i cant help with sourcing the chips but if u get your hands on some they are highly recommended. very clear and smooth highs for a class D, even compared to a class AB, deep smooth bass and fairly impressive midrange.

the amplifer is permanent bridge to 2 channel, but 4ch is possible, but it only has 2 inputs.

anyway glad 2 hear someone broaght this post back to life lol

cheers Haydn

Thanx for the reply. I´ll keep looking. I found one source (rs-components), but they seem to stock the old modell.. I´l inverstigate further and maybe salvage an old D-500 Hollywood-Amp, which seems to use these. So far the sound of these amps is not that impressive, but maybe it´s because of the not so optimal power supply in these..

TDA8920

Hey guys,

Ive also finished a TDA8920 Amplifier, i do like the sound of the TDA8920, lots of power and this puppy is a real cool head! it needs bearly a heatsink!

I have some fully finished PCB's sitting here for the ones that are not interested to do a complete re-design.

ill add a picture!

Arjen.

Attachments

• tda9820 top.jpg
    tda9820 top.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 498
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.