TI class d eval kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Several years ago I used TI eval kits to make a pair of 2-way digital plate amps (TAS5010EVM). It's got the TAS3004 chip, which can be set up to provide just about any crossover plus EQ for the drivers. SPDIF input, so it's a completely digital path. You can download the filter coefficients from the PC and quickly evaluate different crossover frequencies and slopes--it's pretty cool.

The TI DCT software isn't great and it doesn't work on Vista, but it is adequate to help you learn a lot about the chips. Like the other poster, I was able to use the TI kit as a springboard for several other projects. If you want to learn more about the TI amps and how to use the biquads in them, the eval kits are a very good way to start.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Im reviving an old thread.

This module have been laying unused in a box for 3 years until this week when i was gonna steal some capacitors from it, but thought id fire it up just for fun and see what it actually sounds like on real speakers..

For having no feedback loops and running only 400kHz, the sound quality is suprisingly good, i like it.

This is the second day im using it as a computer stereo system.

Heres a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXa0JFMRBr4

Last edited:
Im gonna modify it to a more traditional split supply rather than the capacitor coupled output it got now. Yes i know that will disable the short circuit protection it got but thats not important, and i dont need all six channels, 2 are enough.

This board have spent 3 years in my junk parts box.

Heres a little update:

I recently figured out the channel 6 eq thing so i set up a lowpass filter with a cut frequency of 50Hz. I also made a better power supply.

Here are a few pics:
001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

The transformer is only 80VA so its a bit undersize since the subwoofer channel is 60W and the main shannels are 30W each, but its soundling really good.:spin::)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.